Your new Daddy is....

Peter De La Mare

By the way has anybody got a spare copy of the fabled book of excuses I could borrow ready for next time?

You'll have to have a word with Cat for that one, He is buying them all up incase there is some excuses he hasn't used yet.

Fancy coming second :rolleyes: B) :lol: It must have been to windy, bright, cloudy, raining, not regulation targets, broken traps, too many no birds, etc, etc

No excuses, us men of Herts rarely need them. B)

I went to the last of 14 stands for a 91, having straighted the hardest stand on the layout, then went and dropped two silly right to left floppers.

It was most unlike me, but there we are, we all miss 'em now and again, I well remember watching Digweed miss an even closer flopper at Southdown a few years back, when I suggested he was having a bad day at the office he just grunted and stormed off, but he still went on to shoot a 99 ex 100..!! :rolleyes:

I'm a bit surprised none of you could make it, it really would have been home from home for you all,

08112009002.jpg

Cat.

Cat's got the accurate scores on the doors, but they're something like :

Beretta - 90

Cat - 89

Mr Potter - 85 :lol:

Anni - 77 :lol::lol::yes:

Aunty - 71

Chard - 69 :good:

Magman - 62 :lol:

Peter De La Mare - 59 :hmm:

Bigweed - 50 something

Philr - 50 something

Some good scores there :yes:

Nice one Anni, putting in a cracking score; that 682 seems to suit you sir :yes:

Cheers Nick Getting used to it slowly but surely :good:

You missed a good shoot there Nicky, Grimsthorp is defo a ground to put on your to do list :lol:

You're doing well buddy - i'd better up my game and increase the training regime this Winter :lol:

Consider Grimsthorpe added to the list! :lol:

No, it ain't too far for us Southerners, it's the best Sporting ground in the Country, IMHO, well worth a visit, but maybe not immediately after Christmas along with 8.2 million other competitors. You could well end up shooting in the dark, it happens that way every year. :hmm:

Cat.

Drinks (non alcoholic of course) are on me next time we meet up, I finally got through to Grimsthorpe late this afternoon and found out A class was won with a 92!!!! I did get a draw though, joint 2nd :good: and they will post it on but the guy who answered the phone didn't know how much :( On balance though I think I would rather have had a bit better luck on the Euro-millions.

I did ask if 77 had got a result in B class but hard luck Anni it didn't figure and I forgot completely to ask what the high gun score was.

Hey Ho, roll on next Sunday, probably going to Shugborough but final decision will probably be made for me by either Carol Kirkwood or my clay shooting mate.

Mr Potter

Drinks (non alcoholic of course) are on me next time we meet up, I finally got through to Grimsthorpe late this afternoon and found out A class was won with a 92!!!! I did get a draw though, joint 2nd :good: and they will post it on but the guy who answered the phone didn't know how much :( On balance though I think I would rather have had a bit better luck on the Euro-millions.

I did ask if 77 had got a result in B class but hard luck Anni it didn't figure and I forgot completely to ask what the high gun score was.

Hey Ho, roll on next Sunday, probably going to Shugborough but final decision will probably be made for me by either Carol Kirkwood or my clay shooting mate.

Mr Potter

A good result, Mr P. Well shot that man :(

• 6 years later...