Which Mod for 17 HMR?

Frenchieboy

I am picking up a new CZ 452 Varmint in 17HMR at the beginning of next week (Already threaded for a moderator). I have a reasonable set of scopes ready for it (Bushnell Sportsman 6-24 X 50IR) so I will be nearly ready for action. The only thing that remains is to chose a Moderator for it. I would welcome your thoughts on which moderator might be best suited for this particular model and caliber of rifle. (I do realise that there will be very mixed opinions and it is much a matter of personal preference) I do not want to go "overboard" with the price by getting a dedicated .17 caliber mod (At least for the time being) so is there much difference between say the SAK, the Parker Hale, etc?

What would you reccomend? :good:

Edited by Frenchieboy

You can go for the budget end SAC, but from personal experience they last 1000 rounds if you are lucky (mine lasted less than 500 before the first two sets of baffels burnt out).

Calbre specific models are the better option.

I use a DM80, and after over 3000 rounds it is still working very well.

Although I have not used it, the Whisper comes well recommended, but it cots more than the DM80.

What ever you get make sure you can fully strip and clean it, as the .17 HMR is a dirty girl.

Cooter :good: