North of England Extraordinary General Meeting

Nicky T

Just noticed this in the News section of the North of England CPSA regional Website (www.noecpsa.co.uk):

"IMPORTANT REGIONAL NOTICE - PLEASE READ by ERIC BELL

"At the AGM Wallace Sayer retired along with Bill Pennington and Phil Rowbottom. There were no representatives from Lancashire, Merseyside, or Northumberland and only One from Durham. The articles of association state that each county can have a maximum of 2 representatives and require that there are a minimum of 9 people on the committee! Consequently there were only 5 committee members elected, there is currently no committee and in the eyes of the CPSA head office, the northern region cannot lawfully function.

If this situation persists then the funds will be frozen and no regional competitions can be either organised or entered by members of the NOE.

The five elected members were allowed to arrange an Extraordinary General Meeting which to be held in the Swallow George hotel, Harrogate at 7.30pm on the 7th January 2010, where further committee members can be elected from the above counties, and hopefully the situation can be rectified.

It is essential that members of the above mentioned counties attend so that a full Committee can be formed and that the Northern region can continue to function."

PLEASE ATTEND THE MEETING AND SUPPORT YOUR COUNTY - YOUR COUNTY NEEDS YOU!"

Will any PW'ers from the North of England be going along???

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post needs dragging up again abit nearer the time, it's always hard to get volenteers as i did it for a number of years, and i would't like to do it again, but if theres a couple of you travelling in the same car , it's a lot easier.If someone from Lancs, got on the commitee and needed pointers in the right direction then i would always do my best to assist, you would need to attend the meetings every 2 months in Harrogate. Its quite interesting but thankless. You have probably noticed the lack of reports in the Pull magazine, you can't be at all the events and shoots, but no one sends in reports or pictures to help you post a write up, give it a whirl. :rolleyes: from Auntie :yes:

Yes, isn't it tragic, all that lovely deserted Countryside with so much potential for top quality clay shooting totally wasted as nobody seems to give a damn about properly organised Registered shoots..??

(Cue predictable response from that Mung fella, our resident expert on the CPSA..??).

Cat.

Cat,

If you talk to the ground owners nobody wants the hassle of running registered shoots.

I'm afraid there's more to it than that, how come grounds in the Midlands like Kibworth and Doveridge can run fortnightly Registered events and make money out of it, yet go a few miles further North and you're into a shooting wilderness, it doesn't make any sense..??

Northern grounds run plenty of tarp and skeet events, all you need is a bit more imagination and commitment to run a good Sporting event, are these ground owners lazy or what..??

Cat.

I'm afraid there's more to it than that, how come grounds in the Midlands like Kibworth and Doveridge can run fortnightly Registered events and make money out of it, yet go a few miles further North and you're into a shooting wilderness, it doesn't make any sense..??

Northern grounds run plenty of tarp and skeet events, all you need is a bit more imagination and commitment to run a good Sporting event, are these ground owners lazy or what..??

Cat.

They've all been deregistered :D:D;):lol:

Oooh Cat, not quite got the support on this thread you were hoping for :D

And yes, JJs is well attended (the car park is always full), it's supported by it's members and extremely well run - do you know what I cannot remember ever seeing a trap break there.

However, you wouldn't know any of this because you have never shot it.....

The CPSA you love so much is a crappy feud filled organisation that is elitest and does nothing for either the grass roots shooters or the majority of shooters.... and it's dying on its **** as a result.

QED.

I can't wait for it to fall over, the broom to run through the current incumbent muppets and either the NRA, BASC or some other large, well organised credible organisation pick up the bits and start again.

As the majority of clay shooters demonstrate every weekend, week on week....... you don't need the CPSA to run clay shooting in the UK.

EDIT:

You had a chat with that clever fella Orac yet to get him to unlock the full power of his database skills to get some nice idiot proof graphs to chart the demise and year on year failure of the CPSA?

Edited by Mungler

Whoa, hold on, I'm no lover of the CPSA, you won't find many posts from me on this forum supporting the current set up. :D

But, the fact is, if you want to achieve anything in this sport, you've got to be a member, it's that simple.

The set up at JJ's is fine as a stepping stone for those with ambition to move on in the sport, or guys such as yourself who are low achievers in the sport and are quite happy to stay that way, it's horses for courses, as they say.

I'd bet probably half of the guys shooting there on a Sunday morning are not members of either BASC or the CPSA and are probably not insured, but, hey ho, who cares, it's only a bit of fun, eh.? :lol:

Cat.

Whoa, hold on, I'm no lover of the CPSA, you won't find many posts from me on this forum supporting the current set up. :D

But, the fact is, if you want to achieve anything in this sport, you've got to be a member, it's that simple.

The set up at JJ's is fine as a stepping stone for those with ambition to move on in the sport, or guys such as yourself who are low achievers in the sport and are quite happy to stay that way, it's horses for courses, as they say.

I'd bet probably half of the guys shooting there on a Sunday morning are not members of either BASC or the CPSA and are probably not insured, but, hey ho, who cares, it's only a bit of fun, eh.? :lol:

Cat.

Yep you are right Cat, JJ's is such a stepping stone that in a recent shoot a certian England team member could only manage an 80 when three low achievers all manged a 79.

If you were to bet that half the people shooting there on a sunday are not insured you would lose (again) BUt I would bet that more than half are not members of the CPSA as there do not have to.

You are also worng that if you want to achieve anything in this sport then you have to be a member, you don't. You don't need to be a member to win the Essex Masters (probably the best shoot in the country) or shoot at some of the "Other" majors. You only need to be a member of the CPSA to shoot their own arranged shoots, which as mungler says are dying on their ****.

Oooh Cat, not quite got the support on this thread you were hoping for :D

And yes, JJs is well attended (the car park is always full), it's supported by it's members and extremely well run - do you know what I cannot remember ever seeing a trap break there.

However, you wouldn't know any of this because you have never shot it.....

The CPSA you love so much is a crappy feud filled organisation that is elitest and does nothing for either the grass roots shooters or the majority of shooters.... and it's dying on its **** as a result.

QED.

I can't wait for it to fall over, the broom to run through the current incumbent muppets and either the NRA, BASC or some other large, well organised credible organisation pick up the bits and start again.

As the majority of clay shooters demonstrate every weekend, week on week....... you don't need the CPSA to run clay shooting in the UK.

EDIT:

You had a chat with that clever fella Orac yet to get him to unlock the full power of his database skills to get some nice idiot proof graphs to chart the demise and year on year failure of the CPSA?

Dare i say hear hear....

shaun (ex CPSA member)

You could have also gone on to mention the fact that if you want to use their insurance services as a club then you have to be affiliated to them, to do that you need to have at least 1 member as a CPSA registered safety officer.

if i want to use the AA for my car insurance i dont actually have to be a member of the AA.

Edited by shaun4860

You are also worng that if you want to achieve anything in this sport then you have to be a member, you don't. You don't need to be a member to win the Essex Masters (probably the best shoot in the country) or shoot at some of the "Other" majors. You only need to be a member of the CPSA to shoot their own arranged shoots, which as mungler says are dying on their ****.

I beg to differ on this one, I can assure you that all the winners of the Essex Masters have been current members of the CPSA, and I'm sure that will always be the case.

I also can't agree that the Essex Masters is probably the best shoot in the Country, it's not, this years event was decidedly boring in comparison to others, I'm sure that JD has a lot on his mind worrying about how on earth he's going to spend all of that cash he takes in entry fees.

Like me, not many Essex Masters winners would have much good to say about the CPSA, but if you think they're bad now, you should have seen what they were like back in the 80's when they operated out of a 1st floor flat above a shop in Buckhurst Hill, believe me, you were lucky if thery bothered to answer the phone, it was truly dreadful.

Cat.

if people want to be in the cpsa let them. :D if they dont no problem :D

if you have high ambitions to shoot for your county and country join ;) if not dont. :lol:

simple.

i know which i want. :lol: my choice.

I don't have a problem with that approach at all.

However, I think we could agree that there are more people who get into shooting and who shoot every weekend with their mates, than there are those who want to shoot for team GB.

Accordingly, is it fair that the apparent governing body of clay shooting only caters for the minority?

Discuss.

Edited by Mungler

Shaun,

That is why a lot of clubs do not insure through the CPSA, they find local insurance brokers to cover them at a fraction of the cost and they get better service from them.

We looked at this option but couldnt find anyone that came close to the price

have you any info on these companies?

shaun