theoben Vs Air arms

Bingo

Chaps,

Tomorrow I buy myself a great xmas present :yes: , the tough choice is between an Air arms S410 or a Theoben mark 2. My thoughts at present are - the s410 looks great, is highly accurate but maybe a bit delicate whereas the mark 2 will be a real workhouse and fits in with hunting trips with dogs and being knocked about a bit. I actually prefer the s410 but think I will go for the mark 2 because of its potential longevity (after this outlay no more guns for me for a while). Do you airgunners agree/ disagree with this assessment?

theoben have very lazy hands ...i would still have an .20 fac eliminator or tx but im a fool for it,airarms is the better choice/better quality/better use of ur hard earned coinage.

the idiot in me <my dominant side> would go 4 theoben ...if u get 1 of the 5 good ones the shift a year great but if not forget customer care ect

i started with a air arms S410 and went to theoben when you go to the shop tomorrow do one thing and it will make you mind up

hit the barrel on both guns the theoben will not move yet the air arms should move as the barrel is only held in place by a figure of 8 bracket now if you plan to use the rifle for vermin ect you think one hit on the barrel when you are out and your day is over till you re-zero it

If I had to choose other than a HW100 it would be an AA S410. The Theoben is rather too agricultural for my liking.

Too agricultural??? thats sweet coming from someone whom owns a German Cricket bat- Rapid is the way forward top hunting tool with reliability :P:/:yes:

No offence by the way :yes:

Les ^_^ :D:D

Edited by Lez325

i started with a air arms S410 and went to theoben when you go to the shop tomorrow do one thing and it will make you mind up

hit the barrel on both guns the theoben will not move yet the air arms should move as the barrel is only held in place by a figure of 8 bracket now if you plan to use the rifle for vermin ect you think one hit on the barrel when you are out and your day is over till you re-zero it

Is that not because the barrels are free floating?

My s510 always holds zero and so did my s400, Never had anything go wrong with them at all :yes:

Too agricultural??? thats sweet coming from someone whom owns a German Cricket bat- Rapid is the way forward top hunting tool with reliability :/:yes: ^_^

No offence by the way :yes:

Les :D:D:D

HW100:- Strong AND smoooooooth. Like an Audi :D

Seriously, I tried a Gaystate Mk.4, an AA S410 & S510, a Theoben Mk. 2 and then bought the Weihrauch. The Theoben was built like a Rusian car, the Gaystate was too complicated, the S510 too flimsy, and the S410 too common (sniff!). :P I know that Theoben is reliable as most pest controllers I know swear by them (although the little screw under the stock might have something to do with their choice :D ), but it went off like a Apollo rocket, and I reckon you could have got a fag packet, not just a fag paper between the metal work.

Durst sprung technik all the way for me mate :P

You dont need to re-zero it, just loosen off the small allen screw at the bottom of the figure of 8 bracket, and the barrel will spring straight back, then just re-tighten it :yes:

You dont need to re-zero it, just loosen off the small allen screw at the bottom of the figure of 8 bracket, and the barrel will spring straight back, then just re-tighten it

so your saying you would be happy that the barrel is in the same place it started and you would not check your zero well so but i have more respect for the things i shoot than to risk wounding something because i could not be bothered to check my zero

so your saying you would be happy that the barrel is in the same place it started and you would not check your zero well so but i have more respect for the things i shoot than to risk wounding something because i could not be bothered to check my zero

You must be the only one who didn't understand my post then :blush:

So just for you....

I meant, if you were to knock your barrel, dont try and re zero your gun, loosen off the clamp, let the barrel return to its natural position, re-tighten the clamp, then obviously any shooter would check zero :D

Hope thats cleared things up for you mate :D