How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

Well done all you Northern chaps this weekend.

I was darn Saaaarf too, in Kent. Anni phoned me to see if I was going, but I didn't fancy that weather forecast and lots of family stuff going on, so I bottled it.

Just as well I did, because you could hardly stand up on Sunday morning in the wind and horizontal rain. **** that :good:

Nice going at JJs Anni :P

Some tidy scores from Catton too, in **** weather.

Another good hit from Magman :hmm: Bring on these Southern mincers :lol:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A very wet Copfurn this morning. Mung, Bagsy and I. We saw PhilSIDC there with his mates too.

No queues at Copfurn but none of us shot that well. Didnt keep a note of the scores, they were that bad.

Loads of roads flooded on the way home and a couple were closed.

Ditto with my Score although Dave and Scott scored well [must have been the small wager]

Blimey,

You really are daft.

My club shoot cancelled due to the weather. Although I didn't find out until we got there.

Yep Barling was cancelled for us hence we turned up at Copfurn which was nice and quiet if very wet

Northern peeps with Agoraphobia :lol:

That is the last time I shoot in rain and wind :P I was shivering me timbers :hmm:

A good little ground for practicing on though, lots of going away though :good: Some of it will still be going so watch your heads over milton keynes.

Hi Anni,

You should take up a proper discipline - us trap shooters do it under cover :lol:

I can confirm a sighting of little orange discs flying over Milton Keynes yesterday, heading in the Manchester direction :lol:

Phil

Guest cookoff013

shot the worst i have ever done on sunday. one hangfire too.

really cold, windy.

ps

i cant wait to try out zz, helice, or electocbles (sp) :good:

any one done it? what cartridges you use?

Looks like Magmans' in the money as runner up in B class at Kingsley yesterday with Magboy only a handful away from getting some C Class cash :good::

Kingsley Scores 28/2/10

Some very low scores throughout the classes from the shoot (mine included :P) so maybe it wasn't as straight forward as it first seemed :hmm:

Very wierd day all-round actually as Catton was a strange shoot too (as Mr P has already mentioned). Also there seemed to be much less traffic there yesterday; I wonder how much of that could be due to the fact that it's no longer a registered shoot? :lol:

Edited by Nicky T

Looks like Magmans' in the money as runner up in B class at Kingsley yesterday with Magboy only a handful away from getting some C Class cash :yes::

Kingsley Scores 28/2/10

Some very low scores throughout the classes from the shoot (mine included :oops:) so maybe it wasn't as straight forward as it first seemed :hmm:

Very wierd day all-round actually as Catton was a strange shoot too (as Mr P has already mentioned). Also there seemed to be much less traffic there yesterday; I wonder how much of that could be due to the fact that it's no longer a registered shoot? :hmm:

Yes, nice shooting, Magmen :good:

Regarding Catton, I think it would be partly due to it not being registered, probably partly due to the weather.

Any CPSA shooters with one eye on their classification for whatever reason, will avoid it now, in favour of alternative registered shoots. :good:

Looks like Magmans' in the money as runner up in B class at Kingsley yesterday with Magboy only a handful away from getting some C Class cash :good::

Kingsley Scores 28/2/10

Some very low scores throughout the classes from the shoot (mine included :yes:) so maybe it wasn't as straight forward as it first seemed :good:

Very wierd day all-round actually as Catton was a strange shoot too (as Mr P has already mentioned). Also there seemed to be much less traffic there yesterday; I wonder how much of that could be due to the fact that it's no longer a registered shoot? :oops:

Thought kingsley was registered :hmm: seems this chap is not a cpsa member W. A. Johnson :hmm:

Thought kingsley was registered :yes: seems this chap is not a cpsa member W. A. Johnson :good:

Has somone nicked the letter's N T U C keys from your computer :hmm: whats all this chap buisness :oops:

Good shooting from you Maglad Keep it up. See you at the next comp :good:

nobody else must have turned up then. :P:P:hmm::lol:

cant spell though :lol:

B, there were just under a hundred shooters at Catton on Sunday but I bet there were quite a few shooting birds only! Cos they have 14 stands and pay their markers quite well because of the long opening hours the owner (James) always says he needs 100 shooters before they go into profit (I know it seems alot but thats what they reckon :lol::lol::P ) If the numbers stay at or below that level I'm fearful that the monthly comp will disappear and if we're lucky leave just the Bank Holiday open shoots when there is very little else on.

If my pessimism is realised that will be another kick in the goolies for local clay shooters, Catton Hall does have some issues, chiefly the standard of refereeing, but either by accident or design it does throw some challenging targets :yes::yes:

As for the spelling, are you sure that wasn't your Chinese cousin who was shooting on Sunday.

I just missed out in A class by 1 bird :/:/ , two shooters tied for 1st with 81 and they didn't pay to 3rd place.

Mr P