webber

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

In the winter, my Dad and I shot several dreys.

In the spring, we saw squirrels at a pheasant feeder. We got around 6 with a fenn trap, 2 more with cage traps, 1 more with a shotgun when I went to check the traps. The fenn and cage traps have since been moved around to catch squirrels elsewhere.

We set 2 fenn traps at different feeders where squirrels were feeding, but the squirrels disappeared from one feeder.

A woman asked us to get rid of squirrels from her garden. We got 20-30 squirrels in cage traps before the squirrels had gone (I can't remember the exact number of squirrels).

At another shoot (run by one of my Dad's friends), our fenn traps caught around 10 squirrels (again, can't remember the exact number).

Altogether this year, we got around 30-50 squirrels, and we are still catching.

The only thing limiting our squirrel catching is the placement of traps. Traps have been vandalised in the past, so we are limited about where we can put them.

Edited by Reece

Got another 1 last night in the fenn trap.

I also set a cage trap at one of the pheasant feeders, and I plan to move the other fenn trap (still at the other shoot I mentioned in my other post, but it isn't catching anything anymore) and put it near the triticale field. Now that it's been cut, there are squirrels there feeding. We saw squirrels on the stubble last year and couldn't do anything because we had no traps. This year is different.

Got another 1 last night in the fenn trap.

I also set a cage trap at one of the pheasant feeders, and I plan to move the other fenn trap (still at the other shoot I mentioned in my other post, but it isn't catching anything anymore) and put it near the triticale field. Now that it's been cut, there are squirrels there feeding. We saw squirrels on the stubble last year and couldn't do anything because we had no traps. This year is different.

Reece forgot to add his 1 to the count, so its now 814.

Keep up the good work lads.

webber