Decorating

starlight32

Just a thought today as her indoors has suggested wanting some decorating done (again). Bit of a cheek I thought as I did a load four years ago.

What do most of you out there do?

Get someone in? Or do it yourself?

Obviously, I have had to suspend tendering for the works as I have other committments throughout Feb on a job every saturday in local woods.

There are threats of bringing in outside help.....

Edited by starlight32

I do my own, and if I may say so I feel I am half decent at it in fact I love wallpapering etc, my brother in law has his own decorating company ( he is very good but very expensive) I have only ever had him do one job for me ( free )

apart from the speed he did it (unbelievable) I felt I could have done it just as well.

KW

I'm with MGman on this one. If it involves a paint brush, a roller or wall paper then I leave it to the other half to sort. One guy we had in once to remove a load of lining paper spent four days doing it. He was charging £100 a day, which I thought was pretty good as his standard of work was excellent.

As it turns out, he asked me if he could have the 2 gas fired patio heaters in payment. I got them gratis off another customer who just wanted to get shot of them. Result! :hmm:

The last time we had any decorating done the OH wanted a feature wall in the boudoir. I came in from work one day and she asked me to cast my eye over "her handiwork". It was very good, professional even, and I complemented her on it too.. Some months later I was out walking the dog when this bloke starts chatting to me. I asked him how he knew who I was and how he knew the OH. "I decorated your bedroom wall, remember?" he said. Let's just say I took delight in making the OH squirm over her telling of a porkie.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Little tip here starlight if your missus is like mine and likes the expensive paint from the likes of Farrow & Ball I've a contact who does equivalents we've used them side by side and can't see the difference and the cost difference is massive. Even better spend £50 and they deliver it free as well.

Little tip here starlight if your missus is like mine and likes the expensive paint from the likes of Farrow & Ball I've a contact who does equivalents we've used them side by side and can't see the difference and the cost difference is massive. Even better spend £50 and they deliver it free as well.

Or by one pot of the F&B ripoff slop, "yea that will do the whole hallway and landing" (Mixed in with 10lt of wickes own magnolia) and no one will ever know the difference :welcomeani::yes:

I do all my own but then I do it for a living alongside the property refurb company I run. Stuff what the Mrs wants..if she wants me to do it, I will do it when I think it needs doing. I don't think she would dare get anybody else in to do it as I'm a fussy ****** about a decent finish. :welcomeani: