Orange rant

njc110381

Right, I really need a rant! On my last Orange bill I was billed instead of credited for something (the shop got something wrong when I bought it and I've paid too much). I phoned to have a rant and my account was supposedly then sorted and in credit. Well, now they've cut me off! It turns out that even though they owe me money I have to pay even more to clear this months bill because what they owe me wont be applied to my account until the next statement. What's that about? That's shocking service!

Just to sum it up, they owe me £60, and I've just had to pay £15 to have my account enabled because they've cut me off?

Totally agree that Orange are ******* useless.I was with them for 2 years when i started getting txt's from them to say i needed a software upgrade.This became annoying when it got to 3 or 4 times a day-same message.I complained to just about every customer service employee in the third world to no avail and eventually spoke to someone in the U.K. after threatening to sue them for harrassment (i was driving a lot at the time and my manager would TXT me if any changes were needed to my route so i neede to stop and read each TXT)-the company eventually admitted that they had tried everything they could think of -even closing my account and starting another one using the same phone number-but simply could'nt stop the txt's from coming.I'm with Tesco now which is brillant-as for Orange they can ****. off.

Can I ask.... Did you raise your voice and get angry with the person who took your call?

Funnily enough I said what I always say, which is "I'm really not happy about this but there's no point in shouting at you because there's nothing you can do. If I could get hold of your boss there'd be trouble but as always they just hide behind their staff who have to put up with all this because of their policies!"

I can't get angry with someone when it's not their fault. They need the money and a job is a job. It's not their fault they work for a company managed by monkies :yes:

Funnily enough I said what I always say, which is "I'm really not happy about this but there's no point in shouting at you because there's nothing you can do. If I could get hold of your boss there'd be trouble but as always they just hide behind their staff who have to put up with all this because of their policies!"

I can't get angry with someone when it's not their fault. They need the money and a job is a job. It's not their fault they work for a company managed by monkies :yes:

I'm glad you went about it that way. That's the one thing I absolutely hate that people do...! If you'd gone mad at them, I'd have said you deserved what you got, but in this case, I think they should have been lenient.

Orange are amazing compared to O2 in my experience. I held a contract for about 4 years with orange. Not a problem at all, spot on with upgrades, good pricing. Only gripe was they tag on some data charge which you get for free for the first few months, but unless you request it be removed you will get charged an additional £5ish for it a month.

O2 wouldn't know customer service if it hit them in the face. O2 also has useless 3g reception.

Had the iphone been on Orange when i purchased i would have stayed with them.

I think when you have any involvement with a large company like Orange you just have to bend over and accept that there's not a lot you can do, they have you over a barrel don't they. It's the way of the world these days unfortunately.

I guess I could kick up a fuss and try to cancel my contract, but what's the point. I've had just as much if not more trouble with 3, they're all the same.

They are all much the same. I have three phone on Orange £100 per month and the reception seems to be getting worse! I have another on T mobile, I transferred it to O2 and nearly lost the number, had to port it back to T Mobile to get my number back.

When the contract is up, I think it's time for PAYG, there are some cracking deals.

Cheers

Phil

PS: Never mess a phone company about, they can screw your credit rating up more than the banks can!

Had my phones stolen today , two phones to be exact.

Just got home and bought a new phone on Orange, got a cracking deal from them on a new Blackberry so fingers crossed they will be alright.

They are all much of a muchness and too big by far to give a rats **** about customer service imo.

ime orange are ******* useless and they are sneaky money grabbers too, they are always adding a few quid on the bill and i can never be ***** taking an hour explaning to the bloke in india who you can hardly hear or understand that theres been a mistake with the bill.

cancled it in my annoyance that they were taking ages changing my address, cost me £50 to get out of it, took BT and its been dapper so far...

This is not just Orange, I spent about 12 years with O2 (and BT cellnet before that) and they were very unwilling to move on the last renewel as I wanted a Blackberry storm, they could only provide a Iphone which i said was ok but as i have a business account with more than 1 phone I wanted the Iphone free of charge, they said they would only do this if i moved my plan up so i gave them 24hrs to give me an answer and walked....very dissappointing after such a long customer relationship..

I then made the massive mistake of going with Phones4U and they are terrible...they put me on Vodafone saying it was the best coverage for my area and i find myself swearing at my phone every other day, it is no where near as good as O2 and I negotiated a BB storm for free on a 12 month contract which was fantastic only to be told later that they had no record and that i was on a 2 year contract!!!! I went mad! now if i want out I would have to buy myself out! and the storm has had about 10 software upgrades which take hours but seem to do nothing! :yes:

I couldn't carry the number i'd had for years either as vodafone don't transfer numbers from O2!

Renat over! as soon as i can i'm going back to O2!!!

This is not just Orange, I spent about 12 years with O2 (and BT cellnet before that) and they were very unwilling to move on the last renewel as I wanted a Blackberry storm, they could only provide a Iphone which i said was ok but as i have a business account with more than 1 phone I wanted the Iphone free of charge, they said they would only do this if i moved my plan up so i gave them 24hrs to give me an answer and walked....very dissappointing after such a long customer relationship..

I then made the massive mistake of going with Phones4U and they are terrible...they put me on Vodafone saying it was the best coverage for my area and i find myself swearing at my phone every other day, it is no where near as good as O2 and I negotiated a BB storm for free on a 12 month contract which was fantastic only to be told later that they had no record and that i was on a 2 year contract!!!! I went mad! now if i want out I would have to buy myself out! and the storm has had about 10 software upgrades which take hours but seem to do nothing! :good:

I couldn't carry the number i'd had for years either as vodafone don't transfer numbers from O2!

Renat over! as soon as i can i'm going back to O2!!!

My phone has just been changed from O2 to Vodafone and I have kept my old number :good:

I was with Orange for many years on contract. Then I went pay as you go and toped up £60 because I received 60% extra based on 10% per £10. It doesn't make sense to top up a tenner a month on that basis and I only use a few quid a month at most. Anyway, every month I got the annoying 'Hi from Orange, you haven't topped up this month....' messages. Sometimes these would come before 8am on weekends and be repeated over four or five days. I tried every legal way to have these annoying calls stopped without success.

In the end I got another SIM from Tesco and have never looked back. Orange - total ####ers!