wots better than 2 speedmasters

mikky

a chap down the range last weekend had a 577-45 (if my mempry serves me)

this is basically a 577 necked down to 450

this was £4 a shot but was custom made for this gun as its a pretty unusual round.

it has a paper sabo type thing which looked like a postick note wrapped around the bullet, this apparently acts to lubricate it.

it was also crimmped using 4 punched (but not pierced) holes around the bullet. a very unusual round. shame he couldnt keep it on a 3ft target face @ 100

Edited by dunganick

I fired one of those martini henry .450s a few years back and we were getting hits with it everytime at 200m on a man sized target. The .303 was much better. The .450 had a strange kick, it was a huge push but it was not as sharp as you would expect.

The guy who owned them alson had a lee enfield no4 mk 4 that he was leathal with. He was a s fast and accurate with it (reloading every 5 rounds) as a good shot with a fully automatic assault rifle.

He had a strange action; he never let go of the bolt and squeezed the trigger with his middle finger. very efective though.

A freind of mine, sent me a picture of a suicide bomer in Iraq, that was shot by a US sniper, with one of these .50 rifles, at 467yds.

It is pretty graphic, as its a head shot. :rolleyes:

Im not sure if i should post it on here, because of its graphic nature. :rolleyes:

Moderator, what do you think?

Thought id ask first.

ive...after the first shot there was'nt any guard rail left :rolleyes: the muzzle blast cleared everything in the immeadiate area including my ear drums :o here is a pic of the barrel and scope

Mikky

You can't beat a piece of kit being propped up with a pack of Embassy No1s ...................Now thats what i call improvisation. :rolleyes:

On a serious note though i would had thought something like that highly illegal in this country even though it would be for target only. :)

Go on tell me the picture was took in the states :*) :*)

Ive

A freind of mine, sent me a picture of a suicide bomer in Iraq, that was shot by a US sniper, with one of these .50 rifles, at 467yds.

It is pretty graphic, as its a head shot. :rolleyes:

Im not sure if i should post it on here, because of its graphic nature. :o

Moderator, what do you think?

Thought id ask first.

I think somebody posted it here already, i have it but was deleted pronto :rolleyes:

Tam.

mikky , i was waiting to see the result of the first shot, having the muzzle that close inside the firing line im suprised all of you aint deaf :o :)

they do have quite the result down range for someone who can handle them

had the plans for a .50 BMG but thought better of it :rolleyes:

nice gun though ,tell your buddy im sick with envy :rolleyes:

Martin