Waterproof mobile phones

Blackpowder

After drowning and breaking far to many mobile phones I am looking at getting something more robust with a decent battery life. I have been reading up on JCB which reviewers say is rubbish and also looking at Landrover hand sets which seem to be by the same maker as the JCB badged set. Anyone got practical experience in either of the above?

Blackpowder

I have a JCB tough Phone, mine is now about three years old and still works, waterproofing is ok for splashes and rain but my phone did fall into a water tank and was imersed for 5 mins, it had to be opened and dried before the speaker would work.

i suspect there may have been dirt inbetween the seals bridging them perhaps, since been ok. When I change it I will probably get the samsung mentioned.

samsung b2100 is what I have, have had it for near a year I guess.Sent missus to get the new contracts and asked her to get me please somthing that will not get hooped fast.She asked the bloke in the shop for a phone that will not get mashed fast with my worlk(mil) he promptly grabbed one and threw it at the wall, picked it up still working and asked, if it was any good.Bought it on the spot, not had a problem since.My phone has seen serious abuse and still functions as new!!

my mate had the samsung one lastest about a month before the screen broke in his pocket, he was gutted as he brought it off flea bay so cuoldnt argue with samsung about it.

my step dad has the equivilent of the jcb it's a sonim i think basically the same phone in different badge. hes had it 3 years so far last one he had was the nokia one that was waterproof etc and that literally fell to pieces of its own accord. just asked him and he says the phone he has now freezes a bit now and then ands a bit funny but it works fine. hope that helps somehow

I CAN 100% ASSURE YOU I AM GETTING THIS AS SOON AS FEASIBLY POSSIBLE!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I CAN 100% ASSURE YOU I AM GETTING THIS AS SOON AS FEASIBLY POSSIBLE!

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I just dont believe that, how does it stop water getting into the computer there must be gaps between keys etc that a coating wouldnt stop water getting in, maybe I am just getting cynical in my old age :good::hmm:

doc

I just dont believe that, how does it stop water getting into the computer there must be gaps between keys etc that a coating wouldnt stop water getting in, maybe I am just getting cynical in my old age :good::hmm:

doc

YOu can get most things waterproof if you pay enough but IP56/66 is enough for most except maybe divers....I have used IP56 TV's for exterior and hot tub use and the connections etc are Fishcer type screwlock units with goo in them...the only bit of a phone that is at risk is the mic/speaker and charging/data port not a huge amount to waterproof the rest can be sealed unit. The keys are covered witha complete membrane battery is screwed in etc

I just dont believe that, how does it stop water getting into the computer there must be gaps between keys etc that a coating wouldnt stop water getting in, maybe I am just getting cynical in my old age :rolleyes::yes:

doc

It coats the inside and outside components in a microscopic film which repels water. I can assure you that this isn't a gimmick.

Have a look at this video of a carpet that's been treated with a nanofilm

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

It coats the inside and outside components in a microscopic film which repels water. I can assure you that this isn't a gimmick.

Have a look at this video of a carpet that's been treated with a nanofilm

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

in a solid state application (mp3 players, phones, etc.) I can see the market. However, it will ruin the heat transmission capability of laptop heatsinks. O, and if its non conductive, how can the headphones work?? :rolleyes: