New Pulsar DigiSight in Action...

GlosGunCo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think the mods should supply his details to the authorities and hopefully they will take his FAC away, absolutely disgraceful.

Well you can do that all conact details are on the utube page with phone number name etc

Knowledge, Passion, Expertise

Is the tag line of the website..........got to say not the way to sell high tech solutions....

There are lots of videos on the website including one showing how to prepare for a nights lamping....and other interesting topics.

Bearing in mind the contants of the video it puts alot of the comments on the about us page in an interesting light! I couldn't watch the video beyond the rabbit that was shot at 3-4 times.

As an RFD I would expect the highest level of professionalism in the field not that...He aint no Larry Potter

Edited by HDAV

Some of the worst shooting I've ever seen. If my shooting was this bad I'd stop for the night and spend a lot of time and money ensuring that my rifle was working correctly and that I was able to take a clean shot.

What I don't get is that your video seemed to portray a funny side to injuring a rabbit and then being able to finish it off. Pride is being able to know that you dispatched an animal causing as little distress to it and making it as painless as possible. Shame is defined by your video.

As I'm sure you can see from my signature, I'm after a NV scope. However, I can assure you that I will not be buying one from you.

Edited by harfordwmj

Assuming the video was edited, one could only assume only the better bits were saved. That vid shows the shooting community in very poor light given that it's put up by a supposedly responsible gun shop rather than some brainless moron with a legal limit air rifle.

It'll almost certainly cost him sales rather than generate them.

Spot on and I was going to join the "terrible shot" squad, however you did manage to shoot yourself in the foot squarely :good:

Morning All - I see my video has caused a little stir. May I just clarify a few points mentioned in the above thread responses. Sorry for not jumping in sooner by the way, I have a busy business to run and log on when I get a few spare minutes.

A.) Three rabbits were shot using the device that night. I was only out for 20 minutes, as it was raining and the battery was running low on the NV. Any animals apparently wounded on the video were swiftly despatched when the unit was turned off and located by torch light.

B.) The muntjac was not shot. It is illegal to use either NV to shoot deer without a DEFRA issued licence OR to shoot a deer with a .22LR. I have shot for 21 years and have worked in the trade for 16 of these . I understand the law. it was viewed through the scope when the rifle had been unloaded on the walk back to the vehicle. A nice little interlude.

C.) No unsafe shots were fired. The picture does not adequately show the valley rising behind all shots. This is a 500 acre rolling Cotswold farm - one of several I shoot over - and I know where I can, and cannot take shots, regardless of time of day.

D.) The standard of my shooting. Well, it was not great, but to be honest, when rabbits are causing ££thousands of pounds worth of damage to crops, and they really are on this farm, the harsh reality is, you have to shoot them. It is very easy on these forums to adopt a 'Holier than thou' and 'One Shot, One Kill' mentality, from the comfort of your office and keyboard. I usually find this mind set comes from people with limited shooting experience, who shoot a few rabbits a year at 20 yards with a thousand pound precharged air rifle, through one eyeball. Great, good for you, but shoot enough animals in your time and you will injure a few. It is for the hunter to rapidly follow up wounded quarry and despatch it humanely and as effieciently as possible. We have all see driven pheasant shoots to appreciate that 'one shot, one kill' is something best saved for idealists, not realists. Again, shoot enough - and we are out very regularly culling good numbers of rabbits and foxes - and you will injure the odd animal. Get over it - it happens. Follow up swiftly and humanely. That is the least we owe that animal.

As for the quality of the footage, the sight performs better than any Generation 2 unit I have see, and I have seen a lot. The view through the unit is much better than this video reproduction, after it has been run through a digital recorder and piped in a low-res version on to the tinternet. I have a waiting list for them and a demo unit here on site. Come and see one for yourself.

Kind regards to you all,

Al.

Al.

Haaaaaaaa.... Don't make me laugh.

If the rabbits are such a problem on the land (Which the video didn't seem to portray, as you ended up scanning around everywhere looking for more) and causing "££thousands" of pounds worth of damage, you'd have been out for more than 20 minutes.

The 'harsh reality' mate, is that you have to have respect for your quarry and if you can't shoot a gun properly, you shouldn't own one.

A.) Three rabbits were shot using the device that night. I was only out for 20 minutes, as it was raining and the battery was running low on the NV.

So well prepared to make a promo video then...

D.) The standard of my shooting. Well, it was not great, but to be honest, when rabbits are causing ££thousands of pounds worth of damage to crops, and they really are on this farm, the harsh reality is, you have to shoot them.

I dont get that at all, Major rabbit problem so you shoot poorly, give up after 20 minutes and went out without fully ready equipment? then post it on the internet? To show how great the kit is when you couldn't use it effectively with 21 years experience?

Hardly makes a great case for buying one does it.

IT almost as bad as the guy in texas shooting Wild Boar from a chopper....

This appalling!!!!

How can you preech of your hunting skills and experience then post a vid of you taking half a dozen shots at one rabbit and it still running off.

I accept that sometimes you can injure your quarry and it is important to swiftly follow up and humanely dispatch, however it is not neccessary to post vids of it with captions such as "another hit, he's not happy"

DISGRACEFULL :good:

i see he's deleted all the comments off that video and others, i commented on the KG cleaning product video as he's showing you how to clean a rifle barrel and he's not even using a bore guide.

this bloke is a numpty and should remove all his videos as he talks **** on all of them

his shooting is terrible, and shouldn't be allowed to shoot live quarry at all ever, he'll injure more than clean kill and even tho they are vermin it's not clean shooting

why does he think we all live in a office an sit infront of a keyboard, looking at that example of shooting,thats what he does , however thanks for the vid,

am teaching my 2 boys to shoot an this is the best one for showing them what not to do. how can you try an defend this , your lack of respect for your

quarry is disturbing, :good:

Edited by Holden

disgusting video and very patronising answer !!! one less gun shop / dealer to consider as no way does he deserve to have anybodys trade . this sort of thing needs stopping now :good: as all it does is fuel the antis arguments , and to be honest if that was a true version of hunting then i would be on their side :oops:

chubbs

The video is still there.

I can't see how he can portay the idea that the dead Munty was one of three shot that night, then deny it on here afterwards. Jeez, any of us can have an occasional error of judgement or badshot occasionally - but how many would be daft enough to post it up for all to see? The least he ought to do as damage control is to remove the damning evidence.