best silencer

darren m

tried a few? rob lane, ripley, and the usual commercial suspects now my two fac rapids 30 and 40lbs respective are fitted with awt far far better silencing than the others put together? noise now is that of a well silenced 12lb job

cheers KW

The only experience I have had with silencers are the LOGUNS. They seem to be quite good. I have one on my S410.

Logun silencer here too, and I have to say it really is as good as it claims when i first fired my gun i thought it was defective or un charged only after re filling the already full gun and removing the silencer was i satified that it wasnt broken

Edited by mimic

Hi Darren

My experience with moderators is fairly limited but you could do alot worse than to buy a Logun silencer. They seem to work on almost anything and work very well.

I doubt they are the best but a good alternative. I also hear Parker Hale are pretty good on airguns too.

Regards,

Axe.

tried a few? rob lane, ripley, and the usual commercial suspects now my two fac rapids 30 and 40lbs respective are fitted with awt far far better silencing than the others put together? noise now is that of a well silenced 12lb job

cheers KW

KW where did you get the awt from i put the new weihrauch silencer on my rapid FAC that made a difference to the normal theoben silencer with vortex have to meet up some time so i can compair the difference im only a few miles from you in Stockton.

The only experience I have had with silencers are the LOGUNS. They seem to be quite good. I have one on my S410.

Logun silencer here too, and I have to say it really is as good as it claims when i first fired my gun i thought it was defective or un charged only after re filling the the already full gun and removing the silencer was i satified that it wasnt broken

mimic

I had a logan on my webley sceptre that was quiet then my mate at the gunshop talked me into trying the new Weihrauch its half as quiet again in fact he is so impressed with them he no longer stocks Logun ones as these are far better and cheaper than logun.

Never tried the AWT so cannot comment on that one. :D:lol:

Snakebite

one of the lads in my club has a airarms 410 with this silencer on board you sit waiting for him to fire and he already has its that quiet its scarry.

Edited by hawkeye

Mike have you got any links for the moderator in question?

Axe.

Just got the box out try

www.weihrauch-sport.de

thats whats on the side its a weihrauch sport silencer hope that helps cannot remember exact price but it was about £35 as against £50 for the logun.

Mike have you got any links for the moderator in question?

Axe.

I think i know the one he means, Its almost identical to the logun one accept for the inside they dont have a stack of baffels they have a tube with a sereis of holes down it all made from carbon fibers composites

That the right one?

if you want to make your logun silencer a ittle bit quieter, strip it down and bin the **** stuff the put in them, then replace it with vileada cloth. or if you have sound suppresion material even better :lol: (but vileda works almost as good :lol:)

as for what silencer is best i have no idea as have had very limited use of them.

most the rifles i have had have had to use the silencer supplied (stealth/carrer S410).

To be honset a brain box hit on a rabbit, i dont think there is any silncer that would work on that shot :D

ROB :lol:

cheers KW

KW where did you get the awt from i put the new weihrauch silencer on my rapid FAC that made a difference to the normal theoben silencer with vortex have to meet up some time so i can compair the difference im only a few miles from you in Stockton.

sent a pm by the way just sold a BRAND new weirauch silencer (on another site)

LOUD compared to the AWT when you come through you will think the gun has no "air" when fired oh and a friend of mine can get you an awt note also they are not "off the shelfs" they are made specifically to barrel used length of barrel and type of gun superb bits of kit

cheers KW

seeing as this question has been raised in a few "areas" and awt have been asked about I have posted a comparison pic in the photo section due to the way awt's fit the overall length of the gun with a 19,75 inch barrel is the same as a standard 16" barrel fitted with the smaller logun in the pic? oh and a friend is now taking orders for awt's if anyone wants a contact

cheers KW

i have had a AWT silencer for 5 months now which i got from the man that makes them

he is an old m8 of mine his name is Ian i have known him for about 5 years now

what he don’t now about rapid's isn’t worth knowing

+ its quietness and the best thing out there

Edited by ant.mass