how will i cook this meat for curry

mosa

Hello all i am trying to use up my game in my fridge and was wanting to make a special meats curry so to speak. I will be buying a sauce to simmer it all in but i want to know how to prepair the meat. I am planning to put duck, rabbit and pigeon into it (god knows how it will tast but it will fill a hole) :good:;) so the question is do i just lightly fry all from defosted or boil them a little or do they all need different options?:yes: cheers in advance of any replies

Hello all i am trying to use up my game in my fridge and was wanting to make a special meats curry so to speak. I will be buying a sauce to simmer it all in but i want to know how to prepair the meat. I am planning to put duck, rabbit and pigeon into it (god knows how it will tast but it will fill a hole) :good:;) so the question is do i just lightly fry all from defosted or boil them a little or do they all need different options?:yes: cheers in advance of any replies

They are all going to end up well cooked in a curry, so I'd just fry to seal and go for it.

Most top cooks (the ones on the TV anyway) say that sealing the meat is a fallacy. However, getting some caramelisation on the meat surface does wonders for flavour.

I suggest you soften the garlic and onions, put in your spices and fry for 1 min then add the meat to get some caramelisation before you add the tomatos and vinegar.

Also make the day before you want to eat it (let the flavours further develop) :good:

Cut into to 1inch pieces and marinate the lot in a Tandoori spice mix with a little yoghurt and lemon juice. Then put on skewers and place in a pre-heated oven @ 250c for about 12 mins.

Cut green pepper, red pepper and onion into chunks and fry on a medium heat to soften add a teaspoon of garlic and ginger paste, 1/2tsp turmeric, 1tsp cumin, 1/2tsp ground corriander, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2tsp fenugreek and continue to fry for a few minutes. Don't let the spices burn. Add 2 or 3 chopped tomatoes and soften, loosen with a little water if required. Use tinned chopped tomatoes instead, if you want more sauce/gravy. Remove the meat from the oven and mix through the sauce and serve.

"buy a sauce to simmer" :good:

Hello all i am trying to use up my game in my fridge and was wanting to make a special meats curry so to speak. I will be buying a sauce to simmer it all in but i want to know how to prepair the meat. I am planning to put duck, rabbit and pigeon into it (god knows how it will tast but it will fill a hole) ;):lol: so the question is do i just lightly fry all from defosted or boil them a little or do they all need different options?:hmm: cheers in advance of any replies

Bin the ready made sauce :yes: , its fairly easy and a hell of a lot better if you make your own curry paste / sauce :good:

Simmer the rabbit in chicken stock until you can flake it from the bone.

As far as the duck and pigeon is concerned, I would cube and fry the meat of both and only add to the curry for the last 5-10 minutes to warm through (adding the precooked rabbit at the same time).

ZB

Cos I a student I cheat and use a jar of sauce. Often do bunnies - just joint em dice em then 'seal' it, whack the jar in (add a fistful of salt and sugar) and a bit of your average curry powder and simmer.

Well yummy. I'm all for doing it properly though when I'm not feeling lazy.