Pigeon Shooting Powerd Trolley

Hi, Pigeon shooters

I have been pigeon shooting for some years now and have collected a hauled of gadgets to help in the field, some good and some not so good. As a self confessed gadget man I find that I am always struggling with the weight of the kit not to mention a gun and cartridges, and it’s not always possible to drive to the hide location. I know that I should be more disciplined with my kit and also rely more on field craft, but I enjoy my gadgets. I have always thought that a powered trolley of some type like a golfers use would be a good idea. Has anyone herd of one or know where i can get one.

Good Shooting

Chris

Hi, Pigeon shooters

I have been pigeon shooting for some years now and have collected a hauled of gadgets to help in the field, some good and some not so good. As a self confessed gadget man I find that I am always struggling with the weight of the kit not to mention a gun and cartridges, and it’s not always possible to drive to the hide location. I know that I should be more disciplined with my kit and also rely more on field craft, but I enjoy my gadgets. I have always thought that a powered trolley of some type like a golfers use would be a good idea. Has anyone herd of one or know where i can get one.

Good Shooting

Chris

I use a fishing tackle trolly made for carp tackle made by dragon yes the wheels do get clogged this time year if on a plouged field but like you say all that tackle ,i will see what its like when things firm up a bit lol :good:

we had a couple of these on Full Metal Jacket...

http://www.mechanicalmulesofamerica.com/

wish i'd bought one after production.

not wanting to take over this post, but you worked at the "gas works" making this film?

I worked in a builders merchants up the road that supplied them bits and pieces

always remember going over there after, looking at the palm trees they left

as for the trolley idea, why not use as you say, a golf trolley, battery or pull along, Im sure someone else on here started a post about using one he had after a couple of design adjustments

Hi nickbeardo, interesting Vehicle, love to have one, but I was thinking of something I could fit in the boot of a car.

Hi RC45, thanks for the link, but I can’t see me on that crossing a muddy field.

Hi here iam, had a look at the carp trolleys and they are a good price, worth looking in to.

Hi stubby yes your right What I think I am looking for is a kind of a golf trolley with big wheels and possibly a electric motor that is made for our past time, I am surprised there isn’t one made. Any thoughts? Keep them coming.

Chris

We are quite close to the river Tees where I llive and there are loads of fishing comps on during the season. It's a 1/4 mile trog from the road where they all park down steep/narrow/muddy rural footpath to the waters edge and then anything up to a mile to any given peg. A lot of the guys use powered trolleys with pneumatic tyres on to get thier kit from car to water. They look very similar to golf trolleys but am not sure if they are home made devices or if you can buy them through the big national angling chains. I would say they probably carry as much if not slightly more kit with them than we do.

Edit: Someone beat me to it and I've answered my own question! found this without much effort!

http://www.anglers-cabin.com/www.anglers-c...ch=&sought=

Edited by Vipa

We are quite close to the river Tees where I llive and there are loads of fishing comps on during the season. It's a 1/4 mile trog from the road where they all park down steep/narrow/muddy rural footpath to the waters edge and then anything up to a mile to any given peg. A lot of the guys use powered trolleys with pneumatic tyres on to get thier kit from car to water. They look very similar to golf trolleys but am not sure if they are home made devices or if you can buy them through the big national angling chains. I would say they probably carry as much if not slightly more kit with them than we do.

Edit: Someone beat me to it and I've answered my own question! found this without much effort!

http://www.anglers-cabin.com/www.anglers-c...ch=&sought=

Now that will give some people ideas, great bit of kit!!! :rolleyes::sly:

Hi

The fold up wheelbarrow would be an answer; I had a look on eBay and found one for £32 including postage. I still prefer the thought of a powered trolley that takes all the sweat and most of the effort out of a long walk around fields, and at the end of the day you can pack up your 300 pigeons on it, Ho Ho.

I had a look around last weekend but couldn’t find a fishing trolley local, all the shops are internet shops; I am going to look further afield.

Keep the replies coming?

Chris

Hi Wattsowatts

Thanks for the e-bay code, I now have found the Lightweight Folding Wheelbarrow, very good price, under 15 squids including post.

I am interested, how do you manage with the poles and gun, as i would think they would poke into your back as you are walking along, or do you use the wheelbarrow only for the heavy bulky items?

Keep them coming

Chris

• 3 years later...