BBQ Season

ME

We had a lovely day here in Essex, doors open all day and some sunshine. ^_^

This leads me to think about the coming BBQ season :angry::good::good::hmm::lol: (although we had a BBQ on New Years Eve so its kinda 12 months a year for us!)

I did tiger prawns in chilli sauce and giant mussels in chilli sauce on the barby last year :good:

I need some new ideas for this year, can anyone recommend a BBQ cook book or maybe you want to share your favourite BBQ dish...

This leads me to think about the coming BBQ season :angry::good::good::hmm::lol: (although we had a BBQ on New Years Eve so its kinda 12 months a year for us!)

I did tiger prawns in chilli sauce and giant mussels in chilli sauce on the barby last year :good:

I need some new ideas for this year, can anyone recommend a BBQ cook book or maybe you want to share your favourite BBQ dish...

WHO did tiger prawns in chilli sauce and big mussells?

You may have cremated them but I am sure someone else (Mrs ME) had more than a hand in it

I did some rabbit on the BBQ last year and passed it off to the inlaws as prime rib. I also rammed some previous season duck on there which had lain forgotten about in the freezer.

I uniquely marked the duck with some sauce so none of the starlight clan would end up with it on their plate.

I don't want to appear harsh but when you hold a BBQ and people invite themselves, they have to take the pennance that comes with it............

There was talk of the special spit roast that Bagsy has lined up for his 40th.

Did I mention Bagsy is holding it in Suffolk?

I'll just park those thoughts for now.

I heard that Starilght had offered to be the Piggy in the middle.

I heard that Starilght had offered to be the Piggy in the middle.

I ain't no taker son......You should know me by know....................

I did some rabbit on the BBQ last year and passed it off to the inlaws as prime rib. I also rammed some previous season duck on there which had lain forgotten about in the freezer.

I uniquely marked the duck with some sauce so none of the starlight clan would end up with it on their plate.

I don't want to appear harsh but when you hold a BBQ and people invite themselves, they have to take the pennance that comes with it............

Really?

Well, I'll see you at your next BBQ. I'll be the one not talking and doing all the eating.

Edited by Bleeh

fish, fish and more fish :hmm: the neighbours hate me :angry::good: :good: :good: didnt we have a 'show us your BBQ' thread last year? ill see if i can find mine.

here you go. :lol:

bb32.jpg

That looks like a sacraficial altar, Northern style............

I would change them lamps out for skulls with candles set into them, would be far more realistic.

Edited by starlight32

WHO did tiger prawns in chilli sauce and big mussells?

You may have cremated them but I am sure someone else (Mrs ME) had more than a hand in it

Au contraire MC, a barbeque is no place for a woman. :hmm:

I have two of these, one at Mersea and one Billericay (they double up as a fire pit too) -

dual_deck_big.jpg

Really?

Well, I'll see you at your next BBQ. I'll be the one not talking and doing all the eating.

You are more than welcome, the inlaws would'nt eat rabbit unless it was disguised as prime rib, however, I suspect not many of us on here would be fooled though...................

The duck was 16 months old......Would you have eaten that if you had known?:hmm:?:lol:??

Edited by starlight32

Get a big leg of lamb - Bone it out and flatten it - Plenty of rosemary and garlic all over it, stuck into crevices (ooerr missus) - Stick it on a barbie with a lid and let it smoke as it cooks - Very, very nice.

Got myself a combi barbecue last year with an integral smoker thingy so i can do proper ribs and steaks.

N.B. Anybody using gas barbecues are cheats and unEnglish

Get a big leg of lamb - Bone it out and flatten it - Plenty of rosemary and garlic all over it, stuck into crevices (ooerr missus) - Stick it on a barbie with a lid and let it smoke as it cooks - Very, very nice.

Got myself a combi barbecue last year with an integral smoker thingy so i can do proper ribs and steaks.

N.B. Anybody using gas barbecues are cheats and unEnglish

Lamb is the meat of satan........ I cant stand the smell of it, and I wont have it in the house

Why don't you some proper stuff like doner?:hmm:?

It's an Essex postcode and address. The six fingered brigade too posh to admit living in Essex are keen to point out it's just over the Suffolk boarder. I say they're talking ******** :hmm:

TARTS!

Its always nice enough to have a BBQ. Me, under the influence somewhat in early Jan this year! :lol:

P1040742.jpg

Now that's a real man. Nice one Libs :hmm:

EDIT: Points deducted for not holding a beer can in your spare hand, sorry mate :angry:

I did tiger prawns in chilli sauce and giant mussels in chilli sauce on the barby last year :hmm:

Couple of years ago in the States, my mate did a dish with clams - Stick em on the barbie until they are open - When they open up, stick a small piece of grilled bacon on top of the clam meat, with a wee bit of cheese and top with a splodge of barbecue sauce - Stick em back on the barbie for the cheese to melt and they are great eaten straight out of the shell.

Now that's a real man. Nice one Libs :hmm:

EDIT: Points deducted for not holding a beer can in your spare hand, sorry mate :lol:

Well, holding it in your hand is fine, if you are european and like warm larger.

I had kicked some snow against the other side of the gas bottle and me tinny was sitting in that cool as a cucumber!

I keep it simple, whole fresh salmon for my non meat eating sister and mum and the other people that like that type of thing, for the rest of the people it straight forward big lumps of beef, pork and chicken. i have a friend who is the boss of a slaughter house and take the Frontera down the morning of the barbecue then in goes half a pig and huge bits of cow followed by a free range corn fed chicken or two from a friend around the corner.

I have 2 barbecues, one is a Argos job which is about 1 x 0.5metres, the other is an oil drum cut in 2 with a sheet of stainless steel welded mesh fencing laid ontop.

Luckily the cash and carry do 25kg bag of restaurant lumpwood charcoal for about £5