mp5 v uzi

chris lewis

I have just recently been to texas, they dont know how good they have it over there . We meet up with a mate for san antoinio who was into guns but was not bothered to much . when we explain what **** laws we have here he was amazed. since coming back he has now bought to more hand guns and a pump remy. He took us to a range and let us fire to 1000 round though varieous handguns it was great , but the best bit was been able to shot of a mag from a mp5 and a mag from an uzi . The uzi was all over the place to quick loud. The mp5 was my fav. smooth hardly no recoil I could look down the sights while firing and got a good grouping on auto.

If you get the chance to get to texas you must fire on eof theses.

Hes has all of his guns leaning up in the cupboard loaded for home intruntion, handgun in the bedside cabinet , no locked cabernet an no licence needed if kepted in the home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hes has all of his guns leaning up in the cupboard loaded for home intruntion, handgun in the bedside cabinet , no locked cabernet an no licence needed if kepted in the home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's no wonder that its becoming a regular thing where some pi**ed off schoolkid in the States takes his dads gun to school and takes out half the playground with it.

I for one am glad of the strict controls regarding security ........it helps ensure a futre for the sport of shooting in this Country.

Ive

I worked with a guy from Seattle who kept loaded pistol next to his bed, one night he heard two kids trying to break into his son's car on the driveway, he went out and let off off over their heads, yes they ran off.

I have mixed thoughts about it, he just replied it's normal.

I am not sure about firing into the air in a city, or infact anywhere, who knows where the bullet will end up.

WF

>Seriously folks,would you leave firearms about(loaded or not)with the possibility that a kiddy

Why not?

You leave knives in the kitchen, bleach in the cupboard under the sink, car keys on the kitchen table.

If someone wants to hurt someone they will.

If the kid knows right from wrong then they know it is wrong to touch dads guns.

Having said that I can see where you are coming from but as long as any guns are out of recach of small kids (assuming he has any) I dont really see that big a deal about it?

>or intruder could get their hands on it???

In america I would think that any self respecting intruder will carry a weapon anyway :lol:

Edited by rarms

It's no wonder that its becoming a regular thing where some pi**ed off schoolkid in the States takes his dads gun to school and takes out half the playground with it.

I for one am glad of the strict controls regarding security ........it helps ensure a futre for the sport of shooting in this Country.

Ive

:beer::) tell that to the PRE handgunners of the UK .

see what your saying Henry, but you also have to look at the big picture, the majority of shooters in the US are brought in from a young tender age and educated to a good standard of saftey, i beleive they are a lot more comfortable around firearms than i ever saw back home, kindda like a lifestyle in itself, yes you have the accidental shooting, and the deliberate killings, unfourtunatly these have become a way of life for some, hopefuly the minority, these incidents happen in a lot of countrys though not just the US.

If you look at the increase in crime from firearms in the UKand Australia since the banning of handguns how can you justify the legislation ?? .

my question is this, if the powers that be cannot see the increase in crime through stupid laws that target the law abiding and not the criminal element,why are they still there :lol:?

next , I have no beef with the gun registry, though i do have a problem with the department that suposedly polices it, regardless of country they have no control, kowledge or understanding of the shooting fraternity they so say serve, maybe if the legal side of gun ownership was policed and controled by a department of say the NRA it would work better .

Martin

Ive

:):lol: tell that to the PRE handgunners of the UK .

Hey up Martin

Yes ...........i completley forgot about that :*) .........Thanks for the sutle reminder :);)

Yanks being bought up from a early age around guns though :) .........Warnings to read instuctions first engraved into the top of their barrels,extra strong trigger pulls and high visibility vests and caps to wear over their cammo gear. :beer:

I do agree that a governing body that actually know about guns and shooting should Police the way things are done though.

Our sport is under attack and promoting strong security arrangements can only be a good thing ...........certainly in a gun phobia country like this is :/

Lurch

Chin up............ theres a good fellow ,don't let the ******** grind you down :)

Cheers

Ive B)

>Warnings to read instuctions first engraved into the top of their barrels

No different to the warnings on the sun shades in motor cars, probably more due to liability in the sue culture. Warnings have to be everywhere these days, hell I work in an office and have been issued with a florescent jacket to wear between the car and the office door! Just in case I get flattened by a fork lift or a lorry it helps my employer deny liability.

>high visibility vests and caps to wear over their cammo gear

IMHO this makes a lot of sense, especially when hunting on public land as they do in the states, the animals are color blind and if people over here wore similar outifts, especially when lamping then at least one death and another bad injury in the past year might have been averted.

Bit off topic and also a bit "conspiresy(?) theory"why are the goverment trying to ban things like smoking in public places,lead shot,fox hunting,etc etc,is it me or is it because as society expands then they lose grip and need to push the envelope(**** saying but it fits)and thereby seem to be in control.......or have I just seen "Brazil" too many times :beer:

Yanks being bought up from a early age around guns though ;) .........Warnings to read instuctions first engraved into the top of their barrels,extra strong trigger pulls and high visibility vests and caps to wear over their cammo gear. :lol:

I do agree that a governing body that actually know about guns and shooting should Police the way things are done though.

Our sport is under attack and promoting  strong security arrangements can only be a good thing ...........certainly in a gun phobia country like this is  :/

Ive B)

how ya doing Ive :beer:

Yanks being bought up from a early age around guns though :)

sounds a bit funny i know but when you look at the number of shooters in the US compaired to the UK its hardly supprising.

I guess they have their share of undesirables as do we here in Canada and you guys back in Blighty,im told by the powers that be that the gun registry is working,

and it just takes a little time for anyone to "COMPLY WITH THE LAW" , therefore all the bad guys wernt joking, they realy are waiting for the licences to come through :):):/ B) :D with picture identity :lol: .

not to sure if NTTF is reading this but he can probably relate to this.

last year i had to renew my "ATT" (authouritation to transport) this is required to travel with handguns to and from ranges, competitions or places of repair ect ect.

so phoning the 1-800-dialagunregisrybeeaatch and pressing the correct sequence to apply for an update ATT (all they do is fax you a new dateds copy for 3 years)

how freeking hard is that, well after the third attempt to get through and being told the department is closed :) i think (not to hard )

dial again

(automated voice ) if you require info for licencing press "1" NO-ONE IN

(automated voice ) if you require an update to your application press "2" NO-ONE IN

(automated voice ) if you require update ATT press "4" NO-ONE IN

(automated voice ) IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION REGARDING SOMEONE YOU THINK SHOULD NOT HAVE A FIREARM OR ILLEGALY HAS ONE OR HAS THREATENED YOU IN ANYWAY PRESS 3 HI I'LL BE YOUR COP, HOW CAN I LOCK UP YOUR BOYFRIEND FOR NOT COMING HOME LAST NIGHT ,OR PUT YOUR SPOUCE BEHIND BARS FOR STAYING YOUR ALLOWENCE AND SO ON

just an instance of what happens when the powers of stupidity try and regulate something they have no understanding off

still i think for the time being our rules are better than those in the UK or europe for that matter

Martin

wow I didnt realise the strong views on this one . He has no kids in the house , and yes i agree with most of the comments , not siding with anyone , guns are better locked away from inosaints, however in US you have the right to blow any *** coming into your house , which i may add should be allowed here. would stop them breaking in in the first place. getting back to the point In US you can say , hold on the Mr burgualr I need to get the keys to the gun cabinet which are away from the cabinet and then find the shells, load . Im sorry by that time you will be lucky to keep the back of your head in tact. If a kid is going to go nuts at a school he is going to know where Dad keeps his keys to the cabinet. I pursonally think that it is breed into the yanks to be that bit wacko and trigger happy (ask are boys in Iraq). My last point which had been brought up about hand guns been banned in this country. What the most stupid law. All the law abiding people had to hand in there guns !! and the crimnals with no licence because of a record or am big wit y (put it together , cant spell) still have them !! this is the goverment we brought in. has gun crime decreased ? are there less gangs with guns? is it still cool you put a gun in the streets ? :) ( and relax ) I know its only my opion but I think it great we still have forems like this to rant with ) :beer:

>If animals are color blind why do we bother with cammo???

Cammo is military, humans can see colour, from there it has progressed into a big money game so people keep producing 'better' cammo. Undoubtedly it helps conceal you from the animal but no different to any other colour of a similar shade.

Like bulls running at a red flag, they dont know its red, they just see the movement.

• 3 weeks later...

Though most animals cannot see colour in the way we can they can make out 'shades of gey'. Most cammo helps to break up your outline and blend in with the surrounding cover - if you have chosen a suitable type anyway. :lol:

however in US you have the right to blow any *** coming into your house

Depends state by state. Texas is one of the most 'accomodating' in this regard :)

Wife had instruction on the MP5 in all modes in AZ earlier this year. Did very well in full and burst mode. Just saw the credit card balance souring clip by clip and switched her back to a Glock :D

Concealed carry. There's another thread starter?

Edited by marlin.45