hanging shot crows up?

It does work. We grow a few acres of corn for our own use and when it's laid it gets hammered by crows. Scatting a few carcasses about and hanging some on the fences does work in a small way.

When BASC pay me for the damage they cause they can ask me to follow their code, until then what I do on my farm is my business.

it is against BASC codes of practice "The displaying of carcasses on fences or on a gamekeeper’s “gibbet” serves no useful purpose and may offend other countryside users. "

Glad you put that up, someone had a similar thread a while back. I mentioned that i thought it was banned, but it was definately this I was remembering.

Interesting to hear that it does have an impact on other crows, but not suprising I guess as they are renowned for being clever beasties.

I doubt it has any effect.

Isn't it more of a historical thing than anything else? When the keeper used to hang up all the vermin so the laird would see he had been doing his job properly.

it is against BASC codes of practice "The displaying of carcasses on fences or on a gamekeeper’s “gibbet” serves no useful purpose and may offend other countryside users. "

i meant to be used as a deterrent to other crows rather than as a trophy gibbet etc, i have seen them dotted around a couple of fields on bean canes upside down hung by the wings -

It works, but only for a matter of time. soon enough they get used to them.

Agree with George, it does work but they soon get wise to it. One of my farmers asks for the crows to hang up beside his round bales and it certainly deters them for a while.