strange but true - volcanic ash closes airports

Ozzy Fudd

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so far, I've a cousin stuck in Iceland who is taking lots of piccies he's a pilot and his bus is there for the forseeable future. Another cousin in Malaga she's being told BA can't get her on a flight till Thursday at the earliest, then two sisters and their husbands in Gibralter and they have no idea when they're coming back. All in all getting flights moving is one thing getting rid of the backlog is going to be another.

Personally I'm near the Luton flight path and all is nice and peacefull :good:

I've just been to Salford. Clear blue sky, perhaps a bit hazy. You occasionally think you catch a whiff of rotten eggs, then not so sure.

My nose and throat feel dry, like I've been inhaling dust.

I blame the immigrants :good:

Edited by Chard

Was booked to fly to New York today with Vrgin through expedia...................

******!

2hrs on hold listening to some nice lady talking about high call volumes and then a full refund

Top marks to expedia, virgin atlantic, the Manhatten Fitzpatrick hotel who waved the penalty for cancellation........... even Baa parking gave me a full refund

wil have to wait a few weeks for the cash but, thanks to the top customer service i will be re- booking as previously planned.........

I've just been to Salford. Clear blue sky, perhaps a bit hazy. You occasionally think you catch a whiff of rotten eggs, then not so sure.

My nose and throat feel dry, like I've been inhaling dust.

I blame the immigrants :yes:

We of the south observed the "cloud of doom" descend from the north hence we blame the northerners :good:

I'm booked on a Virgin flight out of LHR on Sunday night, if they cancel that I'm going to take the refund and rebook for first week in May as I'll be able to go for the same fare as Premium Economy this weekend. That should see the skies clear ...

Not from what i see - UK still closed till tomorrow and it will take a while to clear the backlog

Not sure what your problem is Northern Ireland is in the UK and isle of Man probably is and Blackpool is for sure - dont go upsetting those landladies in Blackpool or you will have BNP ladies division on the march!

If you can get from Belfast to Isle of Man & Blackpool is that not enough???

Seriously, though, we have had friends take boats via Dublin from England and some on a Delta flight from Atlanta to London that landed at Brussels yesterday - train to Calais last evening - P&O were only taking cars & passengers, not foot passengers, so camped overnight in the Terminal - all very British - Dunkirk spirit and all that :yes: but the loos inevitably got blocked and they eventually got on as foot passengers on a P&O ferry at 06.30 this morning and are now home in Northants and firing up the Conservative election campaign! :good::lol::lol:

Delta apparently did not want to have to put up a 747 load of passengers in hotels at Atlanta so took off on the premise that they would get to land SOMEWHERE in Europe and did eventually get in at Brussels Zavantem.

Does not strike me as a great airline policy and I might well avoid Delta in the future - not a huge problem as we love Virgin Upper Class - better than any so-called first class elsewhere!