simmons scope

camokid

Uttings gun company is still selling the simmons range. I have just been on their web site now, and the scope you want is £139. They have a wide range of Simmons scope in all different mags. So give them a whirl. Uttings.com. Good luck.

Edited by deputy dog

if you're looking at that magnification and its going on a centrefire just save up a bit longer and get a S&B 8X56 makes all the difference especially if you start foxing with it. The clarity in low light conditions when foxes tend to come out is better than most

My mate has a Prosport on a 223 Tikka, works fine, clear optics shoots out to 300 yards with it, it is a genuine Simmons.

I`d say get one but watch out for inferior copies from China.

Simmonds scopes are made in China and the ones you get on ebay are just cheaper because they don't come to you via America and pass through several sets of hands on the way. However, they are the genuine article.

They are a very cheap scope and good value for the money but thats it , a cheap scope but within that context they are good for the money and perform well enough. I have one on a .22 and for what I paid for it ( Direct from China) its perfectly adequate for the job. I could have paid a lot more and not got that much better a scope but its not a S&B.

if you're looking at that magnification and its going on a centrefire just save up a bit longer and get a S&B 8X56 makes all the difference especially if you start foxing with it. The clarity in low light conditions when foxes tend to come out is better than most

here ,here, i have an hungarian s&b 8x56 on my .223 there good, all my shooting with it is lamping top scope :lol::lol:

keith

hi all im looking at the simmons range of scopes the 3.5-10x50 white classic any of you use them and what they like??? going on 17 hmr and might be on 223 i want small mag

go for it you wont regret it at all. got one on my.22 exellent sights :lol:

I have a 2x10x44 whitetail classic I imported from the states a few years back, its a philippino and is great on my CZ.22lr varmint.Holds zero very well and never need to touch it unless I have had the gun apart or using differant ammo. The glass is pretty good with reasonable low light vision.

I also have 4-14 x44 aetec side focus, think its the top of the range and I love it on the 243, I like the simmons eyeboxes, alot of view, cost around £200. They have some great technical features like their patented true zero system.

As for simmons being made in china, yes they have moved their production around a bit and are now being made in china. When production was in the Phillippines many say they were at their best. As for saving money by buying off ebay straight from China don't bother they are usually cheap immitations. Simmons manufacture the scope parts in the US and use their own glass ( the parent company makes fine ground lenes for high powered telescopes and a reputably the best at that), these parts are assembled into the final product in China. Immitations are exactly that, using inferior materials and cheap glass to make a product that looks just like the real thing.

Personnally I like simmons scopes and they come with a limited lifetime warrantee if something does come adrift, if, like me, you can't afford £1500 quid on a scope then these scopes are great value for money.

I have a WTC on my .22lr rimmy and its bob on, can;t fault it at all for the money. Mine is a Philippines made model so I'm not sure how it varies from a chinese version?

The Phillipines versions were a far better quality all round, the 3.5-10x50 will be remembered as one of the all time classic scopes.

The latest Chinese versions are not as good, but are a lot cheaper! :good:

Thats what I meant about the ones from China, I had a Simmons Blaser years ago, I remember that as being made in the USA/Philippines and the quality was very good, now they may be made in China to keep the cost down, which is is good business sense, but beware of inferior imitations.

Ebay is full of scopes pertaining to be this make and that make but how do you know they are official.

There are some BSA scopes listed on Ebay, now the genuine article is made for them in China and they are quite good Quality, there are also some BSA scope models on there with names that not even BSA recognise as official products, yet they carry the BSA logo.

All I`m saying is if you are going to buy one get it from a reputable dealer so you have somewhere to send it to if you have a problem.