Shooting Under Threat in Northern Ireland

webber

Sorry gent's but that is my opinion, I really do not agree with snaring anything as it must be a horrible death.

Regarding legislation, I think there will be very few guns in public ownership within the next twenty years, I hope that I am wrong but I can see it happening one way or another.

Sorry gent's but that is my opinion, I really do not agree with snaring anything as it must be a horrible death.

Regarding legislation, I think there will be very few guns in public ownership within the next twenty years, I hope that I am wrong but I can see it happening one way or another.

The idea of a snare is to capture the animal-not to kill it.

i dont mined snaring,as for gun ownership but as he says in the next 20 years it will be hard to own a gun,

I have said this many times but snares are essential. If we didn't have snares on our syndicate it wouldn't be worth our while putting out Pheasants as the foxes would have us ate out. Also the land around our shoot is very difficult terrain to lamp so snares are a must for us. Don't think writing to our MLA's will do a lot of good; I wrote to them about waiting times for variation/renewals of FAC and 2 of them replied to me. Even then they didn't offer me a lot of support.

While I accept that you are entitled to your opinion I feel that perhaps you may not have the facts about how snares work. Any that I have ever set have had stops fitted and where used to restrain the quarry ( fox ). I have yet to find a dead fox in any that I have set and certainly a 12bore while held in the snare has always brought a swift end. Just my tupence worth.

While I accept that you are entitled to your opinion I feel that perhaps you may not have the facts about how snares work. Any that I have ever set have had stops fitted and where used to restrain the quarry ( fox ). I have yet to find a dead fox in any that I have set and certainly a 12bore while held in the snare has always brought a swift end. Just my tupence worth.

:lol: Totally agree, provided the snares are checked at least once every 24 hours they are a very affective means of controlling foxes.

i dont snare, dont need to for my shootin and i am first to admit i know little about it. but i defnitely dont agree with banning it, thought there was loads of research saying certain types of birds (not just game) would suffer badly due to increased fox number :lol:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

Hi All

I have sent my tuppence worth of dissaproval on the bill as we as a shooting fraternity are also entitled to our rights

and i dont think the government have the right to steam roll its people into something that the greater majority

dont want ,its the same old senario, get it passed and it will blow over soon not this time its time the people stood up for the people not some faceless beurocrat deciding what is good for us, if it keeps on going the only thing we will be allowed

to shoot is clay pigeons if you are reading this and you dissagree with the ban grow a pair and do something about it let those who dissagree have there say but i am sure the majority will want the current legislation to stay,,I am only one voice

but the community has many so get your presence felt and write to whom ever you like but dont let it pass you by as we all may regret it in the end................................

Quiver

The snare doesn't kill the animal. Stick to your clays.

Some people depend on snares to protect their livelihood. To some others the countryside is only a playground.

Well said Dazza; although the snares don't protect my livelihood it certainly does for a lot of farmers.

Snares should be banned and as I do not shoot anything living I am not bothered :unsure:

Pathetic, as a shooter, who has the same guns kept in the same accordance under the same legislation as all the other shooters in your country you should be against any plans that adversly effect any aspect of shooting or country pursuits!

When clay grounds start being closed because of noise complaints I hope that the many 'game-only' shooters would not take your stance!

SDLP and SF are the 2 main partys that are pushing this ban just to add i was at a spaniel test last week at creggan estate and everyone there was asked to fill in a letter that was agaisnt the snaring ban and then a seperate letter about sum law that they are now trying to bring about banning hunting animals/birds with dogs ie meaning no more flushing birds to be shot :good:

Edited by monkeyboots

Pathetic, as a shooter, who has the same guns kept in the same accordance under the same legislation as all the other shooters in your country you should be against any plans that adversly effect any aspect of shooting or country pursuits!

When clay grounds start being closed because of noise complaints I hope that the many 'game-only' shooters would not take your stance!

I have my views on snaring and shooting and if you don't like them..tough, I have never been game shooting as I just cannot see the point in shooting live birds at all.

I would rather see wildlife either flying or running about than being shot, but when I was younger I shot a few things but now I do not want to kill anything.

I have my views on snaring and shooting and if you don't like them..tough, I have never been game shooting as I just cannot see the point in shooting live birds at all.

I would rather see wildlife either flying or running about than being shot, but when I was younger I shot a few things but now I do not want to kill anything.

Why are you on a pigeon shooting forum then? And why did you pm me a link to an anti's website? I take it you don't eat meat as obviously you would prefer to see cows, sheep etc grazing in a field?

SDLP and SF are the 2 main partys that are pushing this ban just to add i was at a spaniel test last week at creggan estate and everyone there was asked to fill in a letter that was agaisnt the snaring ban and then a seperate letter about sum law that they are now trying to bring about banning hunting animals/birds with dogs ie meaning no more flushing birds to be shot :good:

I see the Green Party has raised it's ugly head up here. There the ones that are pushing to ban dog work.

The snare doesn't kill the animal. Stick to your clays.

This is why I sent you a PM.

I did not like the way it was written.

I am on a pigeon forum as I find some things interesting, others are allowed to post their views, I post mine, if I don't agree with what you say does that make me an anti?

I still think that snares should be banned, that's my view.

'I would rather see wildlife either flying or running about than being shot'

The above statement interests me Do you eat meat? If you do, why is it ok for a cow to be shot in a abbotoir?

As for the anti snaring link you sent me, that is a site run by LACS. I take it there are pictures of badgers, cats etc in snares. I didn't look as I wouldn't waste my time on such ****.

'if I don't agree with what you say does that make me an anti?'

If your against shooting and snaring then pretty much yes.