Clay Cartridges

28g for competition clays :good:

The more lead up there the better.

:lol:

25% more lead.

I can't understand why anyone would want to use 21g loads, unless a child/beginner.

If it's a recoil problem fit a decent recoil pad/reducer, and if it's a price issue well they're certainly not 25% cheaper than 28g loads.

It must be like playing tennis with a ping pong bat :lol:

I have never found a clay in range that I can't break with 21 gm carts most people find there scores go up on changing to 21 gms less recoil better paterns and cheaper!

I expect all the top boys will be changing over to them soon then? To be honest i'm surprised they've left it this long. :good::lol:

I expect all the top boys will be changing over to them soon then? To be honest i'm surprised they've left it this long. :lol::sneaky2:

:oops:

They've got a lot to learn, these top boys :good:

I'd use 36g if I was allowed to :mad:

I suppose I could say, I haven't seen a clay within range that I couldn't hit with an air rifle, if I had enough shots at it.

As said before, nobody is saying you can't hit stuff with 21g of lead, but you can't penalise yourself in competition, where one lost clay can mean the difference between winning and losing. I've never met anybody who's scores have improved by using less lead :lol:

Edited by Chard

I have never found a clay in range that I can't break with 21 gm carts most people find there scores go up on changing to 21 gms less recoil better paterns and cheaper!

Who is this "most people"? 21g are ok for close range stuff and their lack of recoil makes them quite pleasant to shoot with, but I don't know anybody who has seen their scores rise as a result of them. 24g are fine, that is the max for the Olympic disciplines and they break them no problem.

Personal choice..

General Sporting 28g 7.5 or 28g 8

Skeet 21g 9

DTL 24g 7.5

General field work 28g 5 does as an all rounder! Other variations at times!

Don't ask, its just what I have got used to, perhaps I should try some others!! ???:good:

I expect all the top boys will be changing over to them soon then? To be honest i'm surprised they've left it this long. :good:???

Oh yes they all use 21gms already but they don't tell anyone it's a secret!!! Seriously though I'm no expert on competition loads but they are fine for me blasting away and trying to improve my swing as for comps I do as well as I can but there is way more that makes me miss than the carts at the mo!

Best sticking to one type of cartridge as you will get used to how it performs.

The only reason I can see for using 21 gram is recoil. If recoil dosn't affect you then stick to 28g.

Try a few diffrent makes as some do have less noticable recoil than other makes.

This is rich coming from me but find something and stick to it :lol: