Wild camping - luxury item to impress mates?

Blunderbuss

Now I think you might like this?

2141_gallery_01.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-DELUX-MOBILE-POR...=item335b3b1780

It does not say what powers it but I am sure it will just be a couple of AA batteries ;)

Then afterwards, you can all sit round the camp fire with your hair wrapped up in a towell painting your toe nails :good:

Edited by V8landy

This really depends on how much you are willing to spend but....

Get yourself an Adapt ADPP 305 Pocket Projector and take your iPod with a decent movie compressed and stored on it, then all you need is a folded up white sheet. This lot will take up as much room as a packet of fags, a pack of cards and, well, a folded up sheet!

When you break this out you will all be able to watch a movie on a 100" screen!!!!!! in the middle of nowhere!!!!!! Awesome :oops:

Don't forget you'll also need some micro speakers of some description so you can hear it!!! :oops:

I was going to suggest something similar, a pico projector is a cracking piece of kit, atom projector , combine it with one of these Cyclone and there you have it

Despite your and others thoughts you still have to have the land owner permission be it national park ot private.

And if its recongized site any chance of the landranger map number an six figure grid ref for future ref.

To quote a few ref

On open access land wild camping is prohibited under sche 2 of countryside act and rights of ways act 2000 .

Most of the lakes and moors etc is in private ownership .

I no there is conflicting advice and I would be intrested I have yet to meet a ranger who speaks openly with on this subject .

I am not trying to upset you blunderbuss as you where of the first to welcome myself on the forum,

Kind regards OTH

That is your view, here is one example of many official views which contradict you:

Posted courtesy of Michael S. who approached the LDNP for information under the Freedom of Information Act.

Q. What is the LDNP’s guidance on wild-camping?

Although camping should be confined to authorised sites the Lake District National Park Authority accepts that wild camping on un-enclosed fell land, remote from the roads, is generally accepted if undertaken responsibly by small numbers of people.

Most land in the Lake District is privately owned and the attitude of most landowners is to tolerate wild camping unless damage or serious nuisance occurs.

If you do a search you will find many similar versions of the above view, and no doubt some which differ.

I don't want to fall out with you, but I didn't start this thread to seek advice as to whether or not I should wild camp. I've already sought several opinions on that, considered varying viewpoints and made my mind up. Please feel free to contribute to this thread if you can answer my original question. If however you want to lecture people with your views on the wrongs of wild camping, could I respectfully ask you to do it on another thread :oops:

a bottle of absinthe and some fluorescent body paint !

funny i was thinking a bottle of red aftershock and some glow sticks ???

???

so you've met ozzy then? ???

camocowboy.jpg

(sorry mate, I had to :lol: )

ill get you for that!! :lol: :lol:

ps it was halloween a couple of years ago, we were up to a bit of badness and didnt want to get caught, so i swapped my dracula costume for camo :lol: i just forgot about the glow in the dark face paint... :good:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd