NORTH VS SOUTH THE NEW THREAD

ME

We now have a 18 sleeps until the big day.

Those who check the website regularly will know that there will be 73 + shooters confirmed by the day.

I have spoken to Deb at Hodnet this morning and confirmed that the "rabble" will be there on the 29th of May bright and early. (some with hangovers I reckon :lol: )

The itinery for the day has not changed since the first post I made -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* The charity will be Great Ormond Street Childrens Charity

* The cost to shooters will be a total of £50.00 with £10.00 of this going directly to the charity (the other £40.00 is what Hodnet charge per person)

* Money will be IN ADVANCE, no one will turn up and shoot on the day.

* It will the Saturday 29th May

* It will be at Hodnet Shooting Ground in the West Midlands

* The shoot competition will be over 100 birds. The ground will supply the scorers and calculate the placements.

* 8am onwards meet in the car park for a flask of tea, introductions and banter.

* 9am grounds open - Bacon roll and tea / coffee (included in price). Squads of APPROXIMATELY 8 people will be arranged on registration. Talk to the ground if you need to hold hands with a particular friend / are sharing a gun etc so need to be in the same squad. The ground is going to be provided with an Excel spreadsheet with your REAL NAME and FORUM NAME so should be able to find you. (If you are from Suffolk you might struggle registering with using your weekend female name :P ) It was rumoured that name stickers would be dished out but I need to check this with my admin team ! :)

* 10am leave clubhouse in squads and depart to separate stands to start shooting - LET BATTLE COMMENCE ! There will be NO waiting around as this high quality ground is not open to the public. There will be no shouting "Chippy" if anyone chips a clay and no goosing people when shooting. (you know who you are :lol: )

* Each squad will have their own guide and scorer - whose decision is FINAL ! (please dont argue with the scorers!)

* The highest TEN scores from all the shooters (FROM EACH TEAM) for the North and South will be added up and the highest total team score will will the day.

* There will be a charity raffle at the end of the day. It wont be expensive - probably £5 a strip (of 5 tickets) or something like that. Bring a large car if you are feeling lucky in case you win the log burner ! :) We are only raffleing the (tangible) prizes that turn up on the day. I am relying on some people to bring their donated prizes with them. If a prize happens to be left on someones hall table then we wont be raffleing it ! No prizes are being posted, all prizes are to be taken home on the day.

* There will be a prizegiving and announcement and time for banter at the end of the shoot.

* It will finish AROUND 1pm or 2pm APPROXIMATELY depending on numbers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This shoot will start PROMPTLY at 10am so PLEASE arrive early YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! We will be squadded and shooting by 10am so any latecomers will probably not be able to shoot. If you are in any doubt about how long your journey will be or what the traffic will be like, look on the internet or come down the night before and find a cheapy hotel :blush:

All the squads will go straight to separate stands so there will be no sitting about and no time for a warm up or a pool shoot.

There will be NO turning up and shooting. This ground and this charity shoot is not "pay and play". If you want to join us I need your dosh my Friday 15th May.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any (sensible) questions please ask. If you have "a great idea" be careful what you wish for as I might just say yes and put you in charge of it ! :no:

Thanks so far to everyone for paying up.

Thanks also to -

Petethegeek - Website - He is the eyes and ears of the forum and the king of dry, witty emails :P

Mr Beardo - Artistic Director - Good job Nick you should take that arty stuff up full time ! ;)

MC - Tee Shirts / Customer Services CEO - I envy your straight talking but empathetic management style :)

Tosspot - The founder of the North vs South - thanks Pete... :rolleyes: no really, thanks.... :P:P

All the deposit sponsors

All the prize donators

Everyone else that whinges about not be thanked after this post...

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RAFFLE TICKETS

>>>>>>>>>>>

I will sell raffle tickets on the day. (They wont be expensive.) I might need some help, so any volunteers would be appreciated. :rolleyes:

I am not selling tickets on the forum, the raffle tickets can be purchased by attendees on the day ONLY.

I am happy for someone who is not attending to ask someone who is attending to buy some raffle tickets on their behalf but the prize will be handed to the ticket holder attendee and it will between them to sort out the honesty and logistics of that. I strongly suggest that you get money up front too :)

All tangible prizes must be taken on the day. (no prizes are being posted) All "experience" type prizes will be given in the form of a token and it is up to the winner to contact the prize donator to arrange a mutually acceptable time & date to claim their prize experience.

I am relying on the prize donators to bring some of the prizes with them. If they happen to forget their pledged prizes then they will be struck from the raffle on the day.

So what time do we need to be there?

YOU dont ! :lol::lol: We'll probably still be in the bar at 10am on the Saturday morning ! :lol:

EDIT: OOPS just seen Cat watching. I meant to say that I am getting an early night with a nice cocoa honest guv ! :good:

I will be there at 9.00am, to "Meet & Greet" the losing Northern contingent. :lol:

For those that have not shot the ground before, it's clearly signposted as "West Midlands Shooting School" off the A442 North of Telford towards Whitchurch, just keep following the signs, but take it easy on the narrow single track lane leading up to the ground.

Normal clay loads up to 28 gram with plastic wads are OK, for those with multichokes, stick in 1/4 & 3/8 or 1/2 and you won't go far wrong.

If anybody needs some clay loads on the day, I have a couple of 250 slabs of 28 gram 7.5's that I can bring with me, PM me if you want a slab at £35 cash, (I will need to see your SGC of course :good: )

You won't need to show your SGC, (or private parts) at the ground on the day to shoot, also, as there will be a lot of high birds I would suggest that everybody brings a hat or cap and glasses to protect against falling clay fragments, (not that there will be many broken clays from the Northerners, but us Suvverners will be grinding 'em up, so beware) :lol:

Semi Auto's and pumps are OK, PROVIDED THAT you only ever load with 2 shells.

Steel shot is not allowed at this ground.

The ground is wooded and quite hilly in parts, if it is dry stout trainers will be OK, but bring boots if it is wet.

Also, bring a digital camera, the more piccies we take and post on the forum, the more publicity we will get. :D

See you all on the 29th. :lol:

Cat.

YOU dont ! :lol::D We'll probably still be in the bar at 10am on the Saturday morning ! :lol:

EDIT: OOPS just seen Cat watching. I meant to say that I am getting an early night with a nice cocoa honest guv ! :good:

You're in luck, I've arranged a session with the local "Boot Camp" for a 5.30am "Wake Up" followed by a 5 km jog, and a 2 km swim in a local lake, we then go for a pep talk with a local Physcotherapist, followed by a "Zero Carb" breakfast just to get us all fired up for the day. :lol:

Sounds good, can't wait, numbers are limited of course, MC & Mung have already signed up, so where are all the rest..? :lol:

Cat.

Will you be handing out signed 1980's big hair photos in the foyer Cat ?

Definitely not, no freebies on the day, (all donations to charity), I have to confess I've been inundated with orders for this one, I just can't print enough..!!

MagazineCovers003.jpg

Do you know what.................?? I've still got those Raybans, and a few of those lovely Winchester Trap 200's. :good:

Cat.

Definitely not, no freebies on the day, (all donations to charity), I have to confess I've been inundated with orders for this one, I just can't print enough..!!

MagazineCovers003.jpg

Do you know what.................?? I've still got those Raybans, and a few of those lovely Winchester Trap 200's. :good:

Cat.

Of course, selling signed photos... I meant SELLING signed photos !! :lol:

MC already has one of those...

...on his dart board !! :lol:

I am offering massage facilities behind the cabin in the dog kennels, for the southerners only, this will consist of a quick rub down with the rough edge of a cellar step followed by force feeding of my special brew hang over cure of , the whites of a dozen eggs (un-mixed),snails (unminced) and to add body a sprinkling of fly blown pigeon in keeping with the spirit of our meeting. from Auntie. :good::lol::lol::lol::D

I am offering massage facilities behind the cabin in the dog kennels, for the southerners only, this will consist of a quick rub down with the rough edge of a cellar step followed by force feeding of my special brew hang over cure of , the whites of a dozen eggs (un-mixed),snails (unminced) and to add body a sprinkling of fly blown pigeon in keeping with the spirit of our meeting. from Auntie. :lol::D:lol: B) :D

:good::lol: :lol:

Blimey!

What time are you getting down there Auntie? Seems silly to take 2 cars :D;)

:good::lol: :lol:

Blimey!

What time are you getting down there Auntie? Seems silly to take 2 cars :lol::D

Auntie, Paulos is coming down on his Rayleigh Burner. (but only if he makes his bed and does all his homework) He'll give you a lift on his stunt pegs if you want :lol:

:lol: Stunt pegs! Now there an acid flash back!

Just bought my son a Raleigh Burner for his fifth birthday - still going strong and come with stunt pegs! :good:

Markio -For dress and make up inspiration you cant go far wrong with Eddie Hitler in drag ala Ade Edmondson in Bottom in the hotel episode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYQ98yD2afY

The other advantage is having your hooters round the back like Eddie wont interfere with your gun mount!

Edited by Dibs