Soldiers

noodly

1st Royal Anglians (Vikings) :good:

Our RQMS in NI was a Vikings WO2. I cant for the life of me remember his name, but he only had 3 fingers on his left hand after getting it caught between a brick wall and a Saxon APC.

He was one scary dude, but on the plus side I could mimic his voice perfectly, meaning I was able to phone my mates pretending to be him and have them running around on all sorts of thankless errands. Happy times.

ZB

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You do get them everywhere im ex-army..and now doing CP/security started in afghan in 2004 then 5 yrs in iraq and now im back in afghan.

And the amount of guys ive come across saying there this and that is unbelieveable..yet they are oblivious to the fact that what regt they just said they were in SAS, RM,PARAS whatever regt...they dont realise that the guy next to me was or could of been in one of them regts.

So in my business its very easy with the amount of guys to tell whos a walty..in the early days it was bad but now with all the vetting we have go through thankfully thats now very low.if not a zero.

When this work 1st kicked off we had civies saying they were SAS or legion...which wasnt good..and deffo put a lot of lives at risk...as they didnt have a clue about tactics and weapons..and once they were involved in a contact they **** them selves....SO, NOT GOOD.

Im also on yes FACEBOOK for networking and i have a lot of guys in my line of work..we have various groups just for this kind of work..we have had quite some laughs with some walters who try to join...

There pics are them dressed in CRW, couter revolutionary warfare kit...(rig SAS wore in the embassy siege) also guys no offence to them who do it but airsoft guys who get dressed up in kit then put a picture up and fill in there details saying they work in iraq or afghan .and you look at them and they wouldnt of lasted a day if they joined up...also the ages so young and they say they done this and that...but excuse me if they had they would be 50-60 not 20-30.

I and most my mates are pretty ****** off with them..they think its a glamourous kind of job....far from it...i had one in afghan in 2004 who was ex SF worked with CIA was mates with blah blah who IS ex SAS the list went on..and in the end we told him either shut up or we will do it for you..what a cock.

Anyway enough from me...its just so infuriating i could go on all night about these little ****s....lol..... :good:

Mick

Edited by mickyfinn

everybody who has left the army claims to be one of the following .PTI-bully who picked on weaklings.BOXING CHAMP--weakling who was punched around the ring by pti. SNIPER-CROSSED RIFLE BADGE HOLDER-went to the range once,and fired a sniper /target rifle.EX-SAS went on a day trip to hereford.real heroes never brag and thank god we have plenty in our forces.

Theres loads around, I turned up at a paintball place for a lads day out and there was a good 75 - 100 men, boys, kids in FULL camo gear with webbing, armour, helmets, gloves, boots and more webbing. Some of the camo was even artic/desert and this was for what I thought was paintball in a muddy wood in Denham.

It eventually came to light that they were 'playing airsoft' and all had AK47/AR15 mockups, side arms and some even had plastic knifes and grenades strapped to their 'armour.' A fair few had full comms kits and the like.

And people say clay shooters are an odd bunch :good:

no mate, im too busy storming embassys :good:

lol :good:

That one broke my rib!!

Great thread and a top read..

My time finished a long time ago but, god do i miss it!

Big respect to those who have served!! yesterday and today!!

The PM

post-1109-1273850833.jpg

Edited by pigeon master

Not being from the forces, I have this image of every Regimental sergeant major being similar to windsor Davis on ain't half hot mum..........

Right or Wrong?

Or have they mellowed out a touch in our modern forces scenario?:good:???

Edited by starlight32

I've never understood why people either exagerate their roles in the armed forces or just blatantly lie when they havent even served.Like any liar-they always get caught out in the end.Besides,i thought SAS soldiers past and present normally live their lives anonymously so telling anyone who will listen would be a mistake?

I've never understood why people either exagerate their roles in the armed forces or just blatantly lie when they havent even served.Like any liar-they always get caught out in the end.Besides,i thought SAS soldiers past and present normally live their lives anonymously so telling anyone who will listen would be a mistake?

But I was at Normandy!! Honest :good:

3rd bat light infantry and proud to have served in 1986, 2years in NI Ireland,1 year Blackpool, while in Blackpool we did a exercise called hair and hounds in wales for the SAS plus worked with them in Ireland ,i for one feel for the guys and gals at war now proud to have served

there human beings they have lives out of the forces stay anonymous if they wish to bin there

3rd bat light infantry and proud to have served in 1986, 2years in NI Ireland,1 year Blackpool, while in Blackpool we did a exercise called hair and hounds in wales for the SAS plus worked with them in Ireland ,i for one feel for the guys and gals at war now proud to have served

I have always been proud of my service :good: And pray often that our boys and girls from both sides of the pond come home safely..

I have always been proud of my service :good: And pray often that our boys and girls from both sides of the pond come home safely..

:lol::hmm::good::good: i agree ,i laugh and joke with the kids about my time when they were younger (under cover and all that :oops::oops: ),but to be onest never ever forgot about the time i served (lost one in ireland)loud and proud if you served you understand

:good::lol::hmm::good: i agree ,i laugh and joke with the kids about my time when they were younger (under cover and all that :oops::oops: ),but to be onest never ever forgot about the time i served (lost one in ireland)loud and proud if you served you understand

Right on brother.. CHEERS!! :good:

I served at the battles of Hastings, Crecy, Agincourt and Waterloo, . Times were hard in them days. I don't understand why some people feel they have to make it up.

I think i did see you at Crecy? I was the guy in the UFO? Remember :good:

Filling out my app for the army right this min, 9-12month waiting list for all jobs at the moment though. I started to apply 2 years ago and there was only a 6 week turn around but I got a contract I couldn't turn down at the time.

I think i did see you at Crecy? I was the guy in the UFO? Remember :hmm:

If you were really the guy in the UFO I'll be having words with you. :good: The things you did to my bottom with those anal probes :lol: Ouch.

DAMNIT!!! You swore you wouldnt tell :good:

I'm flying to San Francisco at the weekend from HK. Never been before have you or anybody else on here been. I'm going to do Alcatraz. Any other tips while I'm being a tourist for a day?