• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Lads -- can you help -- please read

i,m trying to trace this chap that is messing with my sisters head , she's struck up a relationship with him and now no one can get near her , he seems a bit agressive and domanant towards her , even her 18 yr daughter as moved out and his living between us and my other sister.

Any way to cut a long story short , no one knows anything about this chap except a guy who was in the same Hostel as him ( yep hostel :hmm: ).

i,ve questioned this guy and all he could tell me was :- no one knows where he,s from , he cocks up on his story's, he's a wife batterer , he use's women to get money from them and little things about him that dont add up.

And the icing on the cake is he his an ex-PARA :hmm: or so his story goes , i,ve not seen any proof of this not even a pair of wings tatoo,d on his arms :lol:

the chap in question as now moved in with her , he as no belongings what so ever , very strange for a 42 yr old .

now i dont mind what my stupid sis gets up to , but when it comes to my niece and young nephew who still lives with his mum as only 8 yrs old then i,m concerned , AND to top that the little lad had a few bruisers on his back but was reluctant to talk about it :hmm:

i may be worry about nothing , but is there any way to trace this guy , the rest of the family are not even sure he is who he says he is.

apparantley he was in the paras in northern ireland in 1992 ( at age 17 ) and his name is peter haynes / haines ( not sure of spelling )

anyone offer advice

thanks

There are a couple of Para Reg/other ABF lads on here who might be able to help.

PaulABF is probably your best bet, as he has been in long enough to know people who would have been in the battalions during the period you mention.

ZB

Para Reg in Ireland during that time was 1 PARA - Palace Bks 91-93. The lack of tattooed wings isn't in itself a combat indicator, as is the fact he's a wife batterer - there's a fair few of those in the army just like there are in civilian life. His name doesn't ring a bell but again that's no proof. Has he any photos in uniform? Every bloke who's got their wings up has the obligatory, kitted up and waiting to jump photos.

Edited to add - darren m try posting your concerns on www.arrse.co.uk - there's loads of ex 1 Para lads (and others) on there.

Edited by PaulABF

i have never been in forces,but stopped going to one pub because of the ******** boys, they forget i went to school with them ta is nerest they got to sas !

Don't knock the TA. they do a valuable job and unlike when I was in they don't just 'play soldiers' at a weekend. Join up now and you'll be in Afghanistan before you can blink!!!

No grot, that would be conduct unbecoming. Just port. Lots of port. Luckily the CFT cleared my head. Nothing like an 8 mile walk in the sun with a PTI to shake out the cobwebs.

Port eh, what about Pink Gin?

I always remember when working on base a few years passing an officer remonstrating with a steward....

'There has been no Pink gin for five days now-It really is farcical and just won't do'

Cant say too much about it.. back in '99 I was paintballing and was kicking a$$, evidently 'they' were watching, they approached me, said 'look, we've never seen anything like this before, you're an animal.

I got hand picked to join the SF right there.. can't say any more.. don't tell anyone, mind

Para Reg in Ireland during that time was 1 PARA - Palace Bks 91-93. The lack of tattooed wings isn't in itself a combat indicator, as is the fact he's a wife batterer - there's a fair few of those in the army just like there are in civilian life. His name doesn't ring a bell but again that's no proof. Has he any photos in uniform? Every bloke who's got their wings up has the obligatory, kitted up and waiting to jump photos.

Edited to add - darren m try posting your concerns on www.arrse.co.uk - there's loads of ex 1 Para lads (and others) on there.

thanks paul -- the wife battering concerns me , he as told her he was in the hostel because his dad had kicked him out , but the other guy at the hostel told me he said to him he had bragged about beating his wife up :) .

think i,ll ask him which reg and barracks he was in :rolleyes: - thanks for that .. would he of been able to get into PARA 1 at 17 .

not seen any pics of him at all.

thanks mate

ps. how many para regiments are there

Not in myself, but worked with all three services when in the RFA.

Did several exercises with SBS, now those guys bring professional headbanging to new heights!

Also once did a course at RM Poole depot, never had baked bean soup before or since!

thanks paul -- the wife battering concerns me , he as told her he was in the hostel because his dad had kicked him out , but the other guy at the hostel told me he said to him he had bragged about beating his wife up :) .

think i,ll ask him which reg and barracks he was in :rolleyes: - thanks for that .. would he of been able to get into PARA 1 at 17 .

not seen any pics of him at all.

thanks mate

ps. how many para regiments are there

There are 3 parachute infantry battalions, which is what most people normally think of when you say "Para", but there are numerous other units which are Para trained and form part of 16 AAB (or 5 AB as it was before), such as Artillery, REME, Signals etc etc.

Guys in these units will wear the maroon beret but with their own capbadge - or at least that is how it worked when I was in.

ZB

Guest gloker

I was in 23 Pfa, I left in 2000. I WAS A **** SOLDIER! (there Ive said it.) I spent 8 years playing at it, I was always a better medic than I was a soldier. (Im an NHS Paramedic now.) (It took me 4 attempts to pass P company and I was the fittest I have ever been before or since.I really was that ****.) I only ever met one of 'them' lovely bloke. built like a piece of string with knots in.

Hats off to all the 'proper' soldiers out there, ensuring that we arent all learning arabic under some shia law nonsense! Gaz

There are 3 parachute infantry battalions, which is what most people normally think of when you say "Para", but there are numerous other units which are Para trained and form part of 16 AAB (or 5 AB as it was before), such as Artillery, REME, Signals etc etc.

Guys in these units will wear the maroon beret but with their own capbadge - or at least that is how it worked when I was in.

ZB

And RLC :good:

I was in 23 Pfa, I left in 2000. I WAS A **** SOLDIER! (there Ive said it.) I spent 8 years playing at it, I was always a better medic than I was a soldier. (Im an NHS Paramedic now.) (It took me 4 attempts to pass P company and I was the fittest I have ever been before or since.I really was that ****.) I only ever met one of 'them' lovely bloke. built like a piece of string with knots in.

Hats off to all the 'proper' soldiers out there, ensuring that we arent all learning arabic under some shia law nonsense! Gaz

now now mate don't knock that sharia law,at least our women will do wat their told or get stoned! We will all be healthyier cas there will be no more booze! Hence no more fri/sat nite trouble,oh yeah I recon itl be paradise in this country mate absolute pardise! .....if u are unfamiliar with sarcasim feel free to answer this post!......... Edited by the running man

ZB

While we are on about Para's could anyone tell me if the 16 ABB was in the Falklands during the conflict?

And if they were there, did they supply air cover with Rapier units at Port Stanley?

Guest gloker
While we are on about Para's could anyone tell me if the 16 ABB was in the Falklands during the conflict?

And if they were there, did they supply air cover with Rapier units at Port Stanley?

If you mean 16 AAB then, NO! 16 air assault was formed on the 1st September 1999.

24 airmobile and the whole of 5 Airborne were 'amalgamated' to form the new 16 air assault.

incidentally,23 Pfa also became 16 CS med regt. (where even females got to wear the maroon beret without completing P company.)

Went down like a ginger stepchild with the ex PFA lot.(myself included.)

PFA started wearing their berets like a flat cap to be 'ally' We got to strut about in para smocks and kept the pegasus on our sleeve for a bit. It got a bit **** after that and I got out and got a real job.

Rapiers were RAF regiments new toy in the falklands, I think the only airborne lot that got to play with them were some 7RHA lads, I could be wrong though. A quick google should get some bumf on rapier in the falklands. (I dont think it worked as well as promised!)

I think someone is talking b/s if they are spinning you these sort of lines.

Guest gloker

Im not a spotter you understand, I only remember the date, cos I was in Bosnia on a sunbathing tour.( cough, I mean operational medical support.) and we had to get dressed up for some ridiculous parade to mark the occasion. It was about 30'c and our dutch counterparts were proper taking the mick and heckling from some corrimecs opposite!