Pickled Eggs

LeeinVA

Here's something for you LV, have you ever had a Herring Rollmop? (if you like your pickled food).

I've always thought it was nice, but you are inhuman if you can happily eat more than one.

'The word rollmops refers to a pickled herring fillet rolled (hence the name) into a cylindrical shape around a piece of pickled gherkin, green olive with pimento or an onion. The rollmops is held together with one or two small wooden skewers.

Rollmops are usually bought ready-to-eat, in jars or tubs. The marinade additionally contains water, white vinegar, salt, a bit of sugar or other sweetening agent, onion rings, peppercorns and mustard seeds. Rollmops can be eaten cold, without unrolling, or on bread

'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollmops

Edited by Bleeh

Here's something for you LV, have you ever had a Herring Rollmop? (if you like your pickled food).

I've always thought it was nice, but you are inhuman if you can happily eat more than one.

i'll eat rollmop's until they come out of my ear's :yes:

cockle's,muscle's,welk's(?) all good.jellied eel's :good: something else my dad like's.i tried these at my great aunt's birthday somewhere in essex,all i can say is no wonder most women spit ;)

Pickled eggs are Food of the Gods. Those ones of Lees' look like they are serious about them over thar. Bet they are delicious.Then again you could expect that where every single gas station sells jerky which is another delight.

Pickled anything is lovely. Sainsburys used to do roll mops with the skin peeled off. Less slimy and much nicer.

Pickeled eggs? Id rather eat pickeled poo thanks. :good: although i like rollmops, gerkins and cabbage pickeled. ;)

Pickled Pooh? How about a North / South challange, As a Southener, I'll eat 6 Pickled Eggs if You eat 6 pieces of Pickled pooh - Oh by the way you'll probably win as I'll be laughing too much to eat any eggs!

Oh you 'Crazy' Southerners ;):yes: My hatered of pickled eggs comes from my phobia of boiled eggs. had this since i was a kid for some reason. I gag every time i think of a boiled egg. Even typing this is getting to me. :good:

Mmmm, rollmops, now we're talking. I love them, especially as part of tea over Christmastime. They go very nicely with a bit of potato salad to take the edge off the vinegar bite.

Mind you, I love herrings in all forms.

ZB

Many years ago I did a spell in the nick for vandalising parking meters. It was a pretty rough place and I had a few beatings but managed to gain the respect of my fellow inmates by winning a bet involving eating 50 pickles eggs in one sitting. The governer wasn't happy though, and mad me dig lots of holes and fill them in again. I escaped shortly after that, but unfortunately they caught up with me pretty soon and I was shot by the governer. Happy days.

Oh, hang on, that wasn't me, it was Paul Newman... :good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNyl6gXLMLQ

Classic.

We don't have Mtn Dew or Lucky Charms though :lol:

(sweet tooth)

the dew has in fact been re-released in the UK :lol:

try sainsburys, under the name "mtn dew energy"

In April 2010, Pepsi Co. released over the social networking sites Twitter and Facebook that "We're launching Mountain Dew Energy in the UK! Keep your eyes peeled for the launch in less than a month!" [26]. The drink was named as "Mountain Dew Energy" and supposedly planned to be released into the Energy Drinks market. The decision was caused by a large online petition and many e-mails sent to Pepsi Co. and Britvic by thousands of fans on the petitiononline site.

On April 29, 2010, A Facebook announcement said that the drink would be first hitting retail stores on May 3, 2010.[27]

On May 3, 2010, Mountain Dew Energy was in fact released in a few BP petrol stations and Sainsbury's supermarkets.[citation needed] It was also said on a facebook status that they will be releasing the product into more stores in the coming weeks.[citation needed]