Sad day.

955i

Had to have our lurcher bitch put to sleep last night.

Was watching TV and heard her moaning and panting so went to see what was wrong and she was lying in the hall and had soiled herself.

She couldn't walk so I had to carry her to the car to get her to the vets and turned out she was suffering from heart failure.

She was so far gone that the vet couldn't get a vein to give a usual injection so she had to give her a sedative and then inject straight into her heart which took some time and just made it even more distressing for her as well as me and the wife.

Despite her condition, it still took 3 doses as she fought for life all the way despite her system shutting itself down.

She was 12 years old and was walking with us as usual just a few hours before with no sign anything was wrong.

Goodnight Beenie, sorry that the end wasn't as dignified as it should have been for a faithful dog.

Edited by 955i

Had to have our lurcher bitch put to sleep last night.

Was watching TV and heard her moaning and panting so went to see what was wrong and she was lying in the hall and had soiled herself.

She couldn't walk so I had to carry her to the car to get her to the vets and turned out she was suffering from heart failure.

She was so far gone that the vet couldn't get a vein to give a usual injection so she had to give her a sedative and then inject straight into her heart which took some time and just made it even more distressing for her as well as me and the wife.

Despite her condition, it still took 3 doses as she fought for life all the way despite her system shutting itself down.

She was 12 years old and was walking with us as usual just a few hours before with no sign anything was wrong.

Goodnight Beenie, sorry that the end wasn't as dignified as it should have been for a faithful dog.

sorry rip

Thanks for the kind thought guys.

At least I still have my Heinz 57 terrier, who is now coming out on site with me when I am working as it didn't seem fair to leave him at home alone now she has gone.