death penalty

shore_shot

should we bring back the death penalty  

70 members have voted

1. 1. should we bring back the death penalty

• yes we should for scum
    • no we should not

i find it hard to believe that capital punishment will ever be reinstated in this country but i think we as a nation would be better off if it was,i would like to see the death penalty reinstated for child molesters and child murderers (by child molesters i don't mean a 16yr old boy and a 15yr girl having a knee trembler in the park, i mean a 40yr old man that grooms and then rapes a young boy/girl), it should be reinstated for criminals that take a life while commiting a crime(eg killing a police officer or anyone else whilst robbing a bank/travel agents) and i also think it should be reinstated for the obvious serial killers that set out with murder in mind for whatever pleasure they can take from it,i also think drug dealers should be classed as murderers when they sell drugs which lead to an overdose and death of a drug user,i don't think the death penalty should be bought into force for homeowners while protecting their home/family and i strongly believe that if someone took it upon themselves to rape your wife / daughter/son then you should be free to hunt them down and take their life with no risk of prosecution, i also strongly believe that a crime of passion should not be punished with the death penalty.

these are over simplified views and in reality the issues would be much more complex to deal with at human being level but i think the judicial system in this country is long overdue a major overhaul and although it's thought of as the best judicial system in the world it would greatly benefit from a little common sense and human interaction.

for what it's worth i think other crimes should be punished thus.

burglary/car theft/similar

first offence 6 months supervision order/ re education

second offence 1 month in prison (just a little taste )

third offence 5yrs in prison with no parole and no remission for good behaviour ,just extra time added for bad behaviour.

fourth offence bang you up behind the door for the next 20yrs and feed you on bread and boiled cabbage to save the tax payers money.

as i said ,very over simplified but roughly the way i would like to see things done.

as an afterthought, i have come into contact with dozens of police officers over the years , most of them have been fine human beings(my own mother being one of them) but several of them have been as bad if not worse than any criminal i've ever had the misfortune to meet.

if i new i was going to be sentenced to death,i would take as many people with me as possible ( the ones that have severly pi@@ed me off over the years ) cynical but true ,believe me, there are a few out there....

i have sat here and read and re read the above statement wondering if its appropriate to post...

the more i read it the more sense it makes ( to me )

if it annoys anyone,don't be too quick to judge...you don't know the facts

I came from a small village in Fife on the east coast of Scotland. I clearly remember the village thug being carted off and being birched. He came back and our lass could have laid him out after that. He was a broken man and never caused a single problem again. I watch the idiots strutting there stuff with a bellyfull of beer and the coppers having to deal with it. Anybody else remember the tyre lever down the sleeve? The goverment has got a lot to answer for as this country is going down,lads.

As much as I would like to destroy some of the scum that walk this planet, the death penalty is not good.

Like it or not, people do get wrongly convicted, even if it is very rare.

Personally, I'd rather pay for 1000 people to be locked up indefinitely, that for 1 innocent person to be killed.

That said, I'd like to see them made to suffer a bit though :blink:

i agree but the thing with that you have to have boundaries. is speeding along and then running over someone that jumps into the road bad enough to get the death penalty ? etc.

Speeding is illegal. Doing it then killing someone should get you the rope.

Better than cameras!

Any different from killing someone from bad gun control?

I understand your logic Snake but are you saying that you and/or your family never speed?

BH

Yes I have been known to speed.

I do however try not to, and at least 2 members on this forum will atest to the fact I drive like an old woman.

If however I am speeding and do kill someone then it is entirely my own fault and would expect the full weight of the law to be brought down on me.

The reason I do not speed is because I do not want to live with the fact that I have killed someone. If I kill someone whilst doing 30 in a 30mph zone then it becomes a tragic accident not murder.

As for my family, they are responsable for their own actions and would have to live with themselves if they had an accident.

This might seem terribly pompous to some people but if it does then have a look back at the other threads you might have replied to regarding the state of the country we live in at the moment. If we want things to improve in any way we have to start somewhere ourselves before we critise too much.

You get more rights to have a good life if your a criminal. You the innocent victim gets f///k all and thats a fact. All the sexual offenders, murderers ( IF PRE MEDITATED ) and kiddy fiddlers should be subjected to some sort of capital punishment but only if there is catagorical evidence that the person/persons really did commit the offence and be found guilty by a court of law. We waste to much public money keeping those kind of scum in jails and secure houses, which some seem to be furnished better than our own home, with all the mod cons like sky and big tellys even pool tables. Get shot of them i say and save us tax payers some seriouse money, they have capital punishment in most countrys for those kind of crime's why not our country.

THE GOVERNMENT IS TO SOFT FOR ITS OWN GOOD

No we should not bring it back.

1) It is state murder

2) Given the number of convictions that have been proved to be unsafe, how could we be sure that the penalty was given to the right person?

3) Would you trust the government to actually follow through on it?

People do some really, really bad and horrible things. The death penalty may put some of them off but, as with burglary, they _will_ get away with just life for pretty much everything and so they will not be put off. The ones that do get put to death will have taken that risk because they won't care.

Wookie

Id have to say no,,its far too easy on them. They would get the easy way out. In my opinion, anyone deserved of a death penalty should be given hard labour 7 days a week 16 hours a day. They should not receive any 'niceties' like tobacco, ale or tv and be locked in solitary with a window overlooking a happy and social view of the world. They should be fed on just the basic to survive the ordeal. This is a punishment fit for those who see fit to reek havoc and misery on others.

Besides, as LB stated, the death penalty is very final, there is no reprieve. If a mistake should be made and years later a person found guilty, they could not be released from the grave! No as I said above, severe punishment is the only way forward for these sorts of people.

Much as the death penalty appeals to me too, I'd have to go with Axe on this. Make it a living hell, s*d any rights they think they should have, and if they act up inside let the screws give 'em a good kicking till they behave, it would undoubtedly work and be cheaper than the life we pay for them to have at the moment.

A few years of that and they wouldn't re-offend, except perhaps rarely, then lock 'em up for good.

This also avoids mistakes and killing an innocent person. But would deter the recidavists.

"ale or tv" in prison looks like none of you have been i was remanded then found not guilty once 4 mnths of hell, no ale 1 hr of tv a day if i was lucky and only if you was mad enough to fight for a seat,, 1/2 oz of baccy a week of which you had to work for get woke up at 6.30 slop out bang up till 7.30 get cold breakfast bang up till 11 get cold weak cup of tea bang up till 12.30 get black boiled hard pots with some kind of meat never could tell what it is bang up till 2 if your lucky you get let out for 1 hr exercise then bang up till 6 for evening meal more unedible **** bang up till 7 then u might get 15 mins to strech your legs bang up till the morning and thats on remand with full privledges.

but i say nonces child killers hang em high let em rot terrorists should stoned to death in the streets by the innocent peoples family who they discriminate against

What cutting their legs off and leaving them in the woods?

All this "letting them rot in prison" is using tax payers money that could be used for hospitals etc.

It might be letting them off lightly but try telling that to the father of a sick child who cannot get treatment because there is no money in the pot.

Every kiddie fiddler, rapist and junkie should be hit on the back of the head with a shovel and buried in an unmarked shallow grave.

Id have to say no,,its far too easy on them. They would get the easy way out. In my opinion, anyone deserved of a death penalty should be given hard labour 7 days a week 16 hours a day. They should not receive any 'niceties' like tobacco, ale or tv and be locked in solitary with a window overlooking a happy and social view of the world. They should be fed on just the basic to survive the ordeal. This is a punishment fit for those who see fit to reek havoc and misery on others.

Besides, as LB stated, the death penalty is very final, there is no reprieve. If a mistake should be made and years later a person found guilty, they could not be released from the grave! No as I said above, severe punishment is the only way forward for these sorts of people.

f///king to true mate, i agree all the way.