section 59 warning

jessy-the-dog

i find that no matter what people say theres always some ***** who twist things around,no ones whining its just frightening that people have the right to take your property,apparently if your neighbour keeps reporting you you can get one of these,if you and you heighbour dont get on for other reasons and they are just causing trouble ?.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

,i dont condone boy racers or breaking the law,

Yet you appear to be perfectly happy to make a false declaration on your insurance application regarding the main user of the vehicle in question. A small point I know but one that might prove critical if the insurance company decide to investigate due to some mishap or other.

If that is the case and I sincerely hope that it isn't there seems to be a gap somewhere in your decision on which laws to abide by and which to ignore.

If that isn't the case please accept my apology.

Uninsured driver just make it more expensive for the rest of us. :good:

Edited by JackReady

Jesse it all depends who is the main driver ...in the eye's of the insurance company the main driver is the person who does the most mileage in the vehicle in a year..If for instance you are named on the policy as the main driver and your son drives it all the time and does more miles that you even if he is on as a named driver then you are breaking the law mate.... :good: :good:

I had something similar when my lad first passed his test just after his 17th birthday he saved up and bought a mini it was registered in my name and the insurance was in my name with him as a named driver... The company i worked for at the time gave named drivers a no claims bonus if they then went with them when they took there own insurance out..

Any way the company said it was obvious my son was going to drive more that me and tried to bump the premium up from approx £130 to well over £1,000

When i told them he was using it everyday to go to college approx 1.1/2 miles away so 3 miles a day and i would be going to my golf club at least 3 times a week about 22 miles round trip and intended to use the mini to save fuel and mileage on my car they issued the police no problem.. :good: :good:

our kids have friends whoes parents all seem to be insuring there cars in there names,i have always made the boys insure there own to get no claims bonus,i had to so wont hurt them,then just when his was due he had this prang no protected no claims stupid ******,so till hes sorted only option was to do this,i just hope the legal cover will get there finger out and get his no claims back,

Just because others do it doesn't make it legal. :good:

Its easy enough for the insurance company to prove. They just sit and watch who goes off to work in it every morning, and who comes home in it every evening, and then goes out in it again that night. Plus the fact that there's more than one vehicle with your name on the insurance policy. They just check the recorded mileages on the MOT certs or service histories.

I'll say no more, as I'm giving all the tricks of the trade way. :good:

They must have a lot of spare people, in my sons class of 40 only 2 have cars insured in their name, so 5% not named on parents policies.

As with most things they only bother when they get asked to paid out some of their money that's earmarked for the company bonuses and share holders. Then they will see the best way to deny the claim. The way they see it is they have your money either way, you just don't have a valid insurance policy , so no insurance, the other side then report the matter to plod, who then deal with it through the courts. Win, win really as far as the insurance companies are concerned. No need to spend money proving anything until they have to and then no claim to fork out for. The other party then sues you for they claim and plod gets another tick in the box on his crime figures.

All in all, everyone a winner bar the poor sap who made the false declaration in the first place, oh and the person driving with out insurance of course.

our kids have friends whoes parents all seem to be insuring there cars in there names,i have always made the boys insure there own to get no claims bonus,i had to so wont hurt them,then just when his was due he had this prang no protected no claims stupid ******,so till hes sorted only option was to do this,i just hope the legal cover will get there finger out and get his no claims back,

insuring his car in your name (unless its all been declared up front and been accepted) is known in insurance terms as fronting, which is basically fraud. hope you dont get caught, last guy i knew who did get caught at it ended up with a conviction and was left footing the bill for £40,000 worth of personal injuries from the accident he caused...

You cant beat a good sleeper when dealing with boy-racers, soon makes them look really small in front of their mates.

Nice choice of car by the way :good: are you going the next step and having an R32 de-badged?

The R32 is too hard to dull down with all the body kit it carries. I couldn't be bothered with it to be honest. The 2.8 isn't that far behind it and generally it's quick enough to take on most things. The best tuned Saxo out there only has two wheels to put the power down so up to about 50mph they just make smoke and skate about!

A friend of my other half owns a VW tuning business so next time I'd like to get a diesel Touareg. For two reasons really, it can be tuned to near enough fly but doesn't look fast and wont get stuck in fields when I take it lamping! The Golf hates fields, I've had the skirting off of the front bumper more times than I care to remember! :good:

S 59's are on both, driver and vehicle, so if he gets caught being a numpty drving someone elses car, that also gets towed.

Kyska is right on this....and just to add a bit more into it...if s/he gets home before the police arrive then they have a power of entry to get the car, so if no one lets them in they can kick the door in to get to the keys/car to take it away!!!

atb

Kyska is right on this....and just to add a bit more into it...if s/he gets home before the police arrive then they have a power of entry to get the car, so if no one lets them in they can kick the door in to get to the keys/car to take it away!!!

atb

Not without a warrant they can't, unless a serious offence has taken place, or is about to take place.

I'm not sure a noisy exhaust would constitute a serious offence in the eyes of the law. :hmm:

Not without a warrant they can't, unless a serious offence has taken place, or is about to take place.

I'm not sure a noisy exhaust would constitute a serious offence in the eyes of the law. :hmm:

Sorry Rumpole but your pigeon law is wrong - police (and frighteningly PCSO's if accompanied by a police officer) have the power to enter(by force if necessary) to seize etc the vehicle as long as an offence under sec 59 has been committed - nothing whatsoever to do with serious offence as you state. The only stipulation is that there is no power to enter a private dwelling house without a warrant. Also worthy of note is that a garage or land adjoining the private dwelling is not in itself classed as that dwelling, ie, you can't go hiding your chav motor in the garage or on your lawn as police have the power to enter and seize it - you could try squeezing it into your living room (but all the police would need to do then is nip down to the local magistrates court and get a warrant.

Edited by death from below

atb

Sorry Rumpole but your pigeon law is wrong - police (and frighteningly PCSO's if accompanied by a police officer) have the power to enter(by force if necessary) to seize etc the vehicle as long as an offence under sec 59 has been committed - nothing whatsoever to do with serious offence as you state. The only stipulation is that there is no power to enter a private dwelling house without a warrant. Also worthy of note is that a garage or land adjoining the private dwelling is not in itself classed as that dwelling, ie, you can't go hiding your chav motor in the garage or on your lawn as police have the power to enter and seize it - you could try squeezing it into your living room (but all the police would need to do then is nip down to the local magistrates court and get a warrant.

So you would agree that to get the keys from a private dwelling would require a warrant? Which is in fact what i was saying, as the original wording was that the police can 'kick down the door' to get to the keys. The original wording also states 'if he/she gets home before the police' they have a 'power of entry'. Well unless you class your home as the garage the police do NOT have power of entry to seize keys without a warrant.

I rest my case.

Poontang of the Bailey

Its all academic, just lift the car without the keys, no owner or keys needed....owners soon come out when recovery start lifting.

S59's don't even require a stop/check, they can be issued without the driver knowing.

[/color]

So you would agree that to get the keys from a private dwelling would require a warrant? Which is in fact what i was saying, as the original wording was that the police can 'kick down the door' to get to the keys. The original wording also states 'if he/she gets home before the police' they have a 'power of entry'. Well unless you class your home as the garage the police do NOT have power of entry to seize keys without a warrant.

I rest my case.

Poontang of the Bailey