section 59 warning

jessy-the-dog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone heard about it ?,my son got one the other day one more and old bill have his car(regesterd to me)

Yep, my stupid son got himself a couple! They are basically un-pointed motoring warnings given out when plod don't have any hard evidence of wrongdoing or are not in a position to prosecute!

Section 59 Police Reform Act 2002 states that -

Where an officer has reasonable grounds for believing that a motor vehicle is being used in a manner which contravenes Road Traffic Act Section 3 (Careless Driving) OR Section 34 (Driving elsewhere than on a road) AND also the manner of use of the vehicle is causing or has been causing or is likely to cause, alarm distress or annoyance to members of the public, Section 59 can be used to:-

initially give a written warning (valid for twelve months)

(commonly called a Section 59 Notice)

and on a subsequent occasion to seize the vehicle.

(it will probably end up in the crusher, or may be ransomed back to the owner)

A constable in uniform has the power to order the person driving to stop the vehicle, to seize and remove the vehicle, to enter any premises on which the officer has reasonable grounds for believing the motor vehicle to be and to use reasonable force. Seizure can made only if a warning has been given, or believed to have been given, or if a warning is clearly being ignored.

So, usually it's a two-stage process - a warning or notice first, seizure if you persist or repeat

Basicaly he better behave himself ??? What car does he own if you dont mind me asking ?

Oh great, I feel a rant coming on!

Please forgive me if my comments aren't accurate and I've got the wrong end of the stick but is your son one of those lads who has his sterio up really loud, bean tin exhaust, lowered suspension and two blonde bimbos in the back who drives around pointlessly all evening because he has nothing better to do? If so, people like him stop at the traffic lights outside my house every night and it drives me mad. It's a car, probably a naff one at that, so why can't they just be normal and stop ******* the world off by making their presence known so loudly?

If not you have my apologies as directing my rant at you is out of order. If however he is one of these lads, do me a favour and kick his *** for me! ???

Oh great, I feel a rant coming on!

Please forgive me if my comments aren't accurate and I've got the wrong end of the stick but is your son one of those lads who has his sterio up really loud, bean tin exhaust, lowered suspension and two blonde bimbos in the back who drives around pointlessly all evening because he has nothing better to do? If so, people like him stop at the traffic lights outside my house every night and it drives me mad. It's a car, probably a naff one at that, so why can't they just be normal and stop ******* the world off by making their presence known so loudly?

If not you have my apologies as directing my rant at you is out of order. If however he is one of these lads, do me a favour and kick his *** for me! ???

Just curious did you used to be a choir boy? :yes::oops::yes:

the section 59 will be on the car not the driver , if he gets court again then the car will be towed away and you will have to pay a fine to get it back plus compound charges , and they will even leave the driver where they take the car from .

Tell him to keep his head down and keep away from other boy racers as if more than three cars meet up they will get a 59

the section 59 will be on the car not the driver , if he gets court again then the car will be towed away and you will have to pay a fine to get it back plus compound charges , and they will even leave the driver where they take the car from .

Tell him to keep his head down and keep away from other boy racers as if more than three cars meet up they will get a 59

i threaten i shout and do they take any notice of me ! ???

Just curious did you used to be a choir boy? ???:yes::oops:

Hmm, you've not heard what I used to get up to as a lad then? :yes:

I'm sorry, but it's just one of those things in life that really bugs me. I'm sure it's a fun hobby for some and in all fairness it's better that than them being out mugging people but why? Perhaps if the people who think it's fun to have cars like this had to live somewhere where they are constantly kept awake by the lad who's just had his tenth stop at the traffic lights they may view it differently?

Why not save the money they spend on these heaps of junk and insure a decent car with it? I worked with a lad a few years ago that spent so much on his 1.4 Nova he could have bought and insured a Golf GTI! The first thing I did to our v6 4motion was have the badges off so I could play with unsuspecting numpties like the lad in question! :hmm:

As with all of these things, and as far as I am concerned it is just another opprotunity for those in the position to do what they want.....

Noisy exhaust? What the matter with the old fashioned village bobby days of a quiet word and get it sorted??????

Taking someones possesions and then charging you to get it back or even crushing it for something such as a noisy exhaust?

That sort of things seems parallel to me what the Nazi's did to certain minorites during the last war?

What a complete joke this countries system is coming too, you are damned if you do damned if you don't.

As with all of these things, and as far as I am concerned it is just another opprotunity for those in the position to do what they want.....

Noisy exhaust? What the matter with the old fashioned village bobby days of a quiet word and get it sorted??????

Taking someones possesions and then charging you to get it back or even crushing it for something such as a noisy exhaust?

That sort of things seems parallel to me what the Nazi's did to certain minorites during the last war?

What a complete joke this countries system is coming too, you are damned if you do damned if you don't.

i can sort of see where your coming from,but if your on the recieving end of the noise and it's persistant it can be a right pain in the *****.plus i find it hard to believe it's just an issue with an exhaust,however i could be wrong.

If it was my boy....

ME:- Stop being a kno b b er and get the original exhaust back on

HIM:- But why

ME:- Because im the gaffer and i dont need you causing cra p

HIM:- Well its mine

ME:- Well so is your pushbike so tell Sharon you will have to pick her up on that because im taking you off the insurance policy

HIM:- You free tomorrow afternoon to take this exhaust off

Luckily this conversation is a while off and they may well have hover cars that drive themselves then.. if not he better have the spanners and WD ready

hes 28 not 18 so hes not a little boy racer,

Ignore the remarks from some who will be quick to condemn your lad as a leading international vehicle crime boss.

I had a right tear up up over my lads new vehicle the other day.

Bought the motor from a main dealer, so naturally we never gave it a second thought as they were only very light tinted windows.

He got stopped for the tints being too much right outside the house so it was fortunate I was about to help deal with it.

All I can say is it was a good job I was there as I could sense a bit of the old 'young lad lets give him some grief syndrome'

And the police wonder why so many normal law abiding people hold them in contempt thesedays.