hi there folks iv put in for a FAC and on it iv asked for a .22 rimfire as i was told to do from a friend. iv spent many hours on the net looking at bullets,speeds,muzzle velocity etc and came across a new (old) bullet the .22 wmr. excuse my ignorance but can this bullet be fired from a "normal " .22 lr rifle like a 10/22 or is it a diff gun?:good: any info on this would be great thanks :good:

hi there folks iv put in for a FAC and on it iv asked for a .22 rimfire as i was told to do from a friend. iv spent many hours on the net looking at bullets,speeds,muzzle velocity etc and came across a new (old) bullet the .22 wmr. excuse my ignorance but can this bullet be fired from a "normal " .22 lr rifle like a 10/22 or is it a diff gun?:good: any info on this would be great thanks :good:

Hi trayback100

It's a totally different gun mate not inter changeable i have a remington 597wmr semi auto i shoot foxes out to about 120mtrs so it is a fair bit more powerful than 22lr, it is about 350 ft llbs compared to about 100 ft llbs for subsonic

Cheers Geordie

Hi trayback100

It's a totally different gun mate not inter changeable i have a remington 597wmr semi auto i shoot foxes out to about 120mtrs so it is a fair bit more powerful than 22lr, it is about 350 ft llbs compared to about 100 ft llbs for subsonic

Cheers Geordie

thanks for the replys fellas. so in your apinions as iv stated a 22 rinfire on my application would the .22 wmr come under that heaing or would i need to state .22wmr to have one?:good:?? thanks

thanks for the replys fellas. so in your apinions as iv stated a 22 rinfire on my application would the .22 wmr come under that heaing or would i need to state .22wmr to have one?:good:?? thanks

Hi

Unlike a shotgun cert, which allows you to buy any mix of gun eg. 12ga 20ga, 410 and in sami-auto or side-by-side, over and under etc with an FAC EVERY gun type and cal must be sp[ecified on the cert and reason for pocession and place of use required.

So a .22rf will not allow you to own a .22wmr.

Hi

Unlike a shotgun cert, which allows you to buy any mix of gun eg. 12ga 20ga, 410 and in sami-auto or side-by-side, over and under etc with an FAC EVERY gun type and cal must be sp[ecified on the cert and reason for pocession and place of use required.

thanks for that reply so i think now when my fac turns up leave a .22 rf on it then go for the variation . would i be right in saying the .22wmr is a fair bit more POKY than the .22lr a better fox vermin choice?:good: thanks

Hi

hows that then? surely unless it specifies .22lr or .22wmr then you could take either, as theyre both .22 rimfires?

Hi

Hi all

Sorry that info is incorrect when i bought my wmr from avalon guns i only had 22rf on my ticket no probs with police or avalon it is a rimfire

Cheers Geordie

Hi all

Sorry that info is incorrect when i bought my wmr from avalon guns i only had 22rf on my ticket no probs with police or avalon it is a rimfire

Cheers Geordie

Horses for courses, I had to specify WMR or LR in Leicestershire. If you've not been interviewed yet you'll be able to discuss the changes then.

Horses for courses, I had to specify WMR or LR in Leicestershire. If you've not been interviewed yet you'll be able to discuss the changes then.

Yep, and it should save the cost of any variation later. Reasons for use? LR, rabbit and WMR, long range rabbit and short range fox. This was acceptable in Devon.

Good luck.

Yep, and it should save the cost of any variation later. Reasons for use? LR, rabbit and WMR, long range rabbit and short range fox. This was acceptable in Devon.

Good luck.

that was my thinking too,as iv not specified .22 wmr or .22lr .and as the wmr is still a .22 rimfire it would of come under the title .22 rimfire ill have to check with the feo when he calls . thanks

.22RF is a very NON specific entry on a FAC, in my view is should be specific, ie, .22lr or .22WMR!!

If by any chance you receive a FAC which says you can buy a .22RF then there is no reason you cannot buy a .22WMR......because that is a .22RF!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Dekers

think i shall ask for both wmr and lf iv got e reason and perpose for both .

Yes, if you have reason go for it to save yourself some money later on, I went for .22 air, .22lr, .22wmr, .17hmr and .204 and got all, covered me completely for my shooting purposes.

Yes, if you have reason go for it to save yourself some money later on, I went for .22 air, .22lr, .22wmr, .17hmr and .204 and got all, covered me completely for my shooting purposes.

i think just the lr and wmr for now wait 6 months of so see how things go see if larger caliber needeed.have you got both 17 hmr and .22wmr??? and if so whats your apinion on them?? thanks

i think just the lr and wmr for now wait 6 months of so see how things go see if larger caliber needeed.have you got both 17 hmr and .22wmr??? and if so whats your apinion on them?? thanks

Sorry can't help on that, haven't bought a WMR, I bought the .22lr, .22 air and the .17hmr first, got rid of the lr because of the problem I had with riqochet. Not a slant on the lr, we just have a lot of rocks in the ground and I couldn't cope with it, so the air took preference.

The hmr is superb for rabbit and corvid at longer ranges, and I have the .204 for fox, so to be honest unless I have a windfall I won't be investing in a wmr, but thats not to say they aren't any good, I can't use a rimfire on fox in leicestershire, so the wmr just came second choice to the hmr.

hi Dekers nice guns what are the lr's? as iam hoping to get one if fac goes ok

thanks colin

They are all CZ......

1 .17HMR Silhouette

2 .22lr Silhouette

3 .22lr Style

4 .22WMR American

They are ALL field guns and do what I ask of them in that context, but in EVERY case they have been known to do the business at 200yards Short Siberia at Bisley to!

ATB!!

PS.

Barrels are original or chopped as I wanted! :good:

Edited by Dekers