Muppet, another white mallard.

Down South

FM, that might explain why I saw a cock pheasant on a beach a couple of weeks ago,he did look out of place with the sea gulls.

I thought the Pheasents would keep well clear of the brine too DS. Went out on the foreshore with Bigdev and couldn't believe that a 100+ Pheasents flew in for the night on the saltings!

LB

True Story. Season before I came out here I got an invite to shoot pheasants on a friends shoot down near Kirkcudbright, on a peninsula of the S/West. during one of the drives I was positioned in a beautiful setting on rocks on the shore, I shot one or two nice birds and a fox was shot by next gun up. I then noticed a duck swimming in from the sea, I thought I'll crouch down this may get up an I'll get a crack at it, as it got closer I could see it was clearly not a duck more like a Coot or Water hen then as it came ashore within 10-15m of me I could see it was a hen Pheasant, it had clearly came off the drive and flew out to Sea and then swam back, this bird must have swam several hundred mtrs. My black Lab who was sitting at my side had such a look of amazement, I couldn't believe it, one of the funniest things I've ever seen!!! I never knew they could swim.

Hammy

FM, that might explain why I saw a cock pheasant on a beach a couple of weeks ago,he did look out of place with the sea gulls.

Hi,

Could it of been a late gull chick because Herring Gull chicks can look Pheasanty when they are young? I seems a funny time of year for a chick of any bird. :lol: But if you think that's what your saw then you probably did. :lol:

FM :lol:

• 1 month later...