BE HONEST

Does anyone EVER get any permissions from these posts?

I have a hard time believing they're anything but a complete waste of space (the posts that is).

Maybe the odd lucky fella gets an invite or a swap but 'permission' from a landowner :good: and some of the posts are so 'hopeful' :rolleyes:

Would agree that rarely, if ever, landowners give permission from here, but lots of chances for an invite or as you say swap and teaming up, which is a good thing.

totally disagree i put a cheeky wanted pigeon shooting post and had a reply from another forum member fairly local to me since then on two seperate occasions we have shot 100 plus bags of pigeons together ive been invited to portugal boar shooting featured in a portugese shooting magazine whilst taking three portugese lads out pigeon shooting shot on a few good driven pheasant days and a few goose flights all for nowt also been stalking in scotland a couple of times to name but a few also met many good lads so it pays to take an intrest in posts all this in return for a couple of days stalking and shooting on my permissions although my mate didnt know about these when he offered to take me out that first time

totally disagree i put a cheeky wanted pigeon shooting post and had a reply from another forum member fairly local to me since then on two seperate occasions we have shot 100 plus bags of pigeons together ive been invited to portugal boar shooting featured in a portugese shooting magazine whilst taking three portugese lads out pigeon shooting shot on a few good driven pheasant days and a few goose flights all for nowt also been stalking in scotland a couple of times to name but a few also met many good lads so it pays to take an intrest in posts all this in return for a couple of days stalking and shooting on my permissions although my mate didnt know about these when he offered to take me out that first time

I think you are in agreement with me, I said you can get very good invites from members but I doubt if many permissions from landowners

I bought some cartridges off PW last year from a farmer near me, and he took me out shooting that afternoon. Now I have permission on there.

Although it wasn't from a shooting wanted/available forum, I still got it :good:

I got a 28 day big game safari in Tanzania. Shot 18 elephant, 47 lion, 2 giraffes and 12 hippo. Next week I got 6 days driven grouse and then last season got 47 days at high pheasant, 300 birds a day.

Amazing considering I was just after a bit of pigeon decoying.

All this was free and they even supplied me with cartridges, a new H&H and a range rover vogue HSE for transport.

Just shows if you dont ask...

:good:

I got a 28 day big game safari in Tanzania. Shot 18 elephant, 47 lion, 2 giraffes and 12 hippo. Next week I got 6 days driven grouse and then last season got 47 days at high pheasant, 300 birds a day.

All this was free and they even supplied me with cartridges, a new H&H and a range rover vogue HSE for transport.

Glad you enjoyed it I like to help when I can.

Does anyone EVER get any permissions from these posts?

I have a hard time believing they're anything but a complete waste of space (the posts that is).

Maybe the odd lucky fella gets an invite or a swap but 'permission' from a landowner :good: and some of the posts are so 'hopeful' :good:

i am getting 2 members permission tonight so the forum does work cheers fenny

you dont get and if you sit at your computer taking the **** you dont get either

you dont get and if you sit at your computer taking the **** you dont get either

Dont worry Ive got better things to do than beg on here for shooting. For all you know I have thousands of acres at my disposal. Why dont you try and get a sense of humour rather than sitting at your computer.

Yes you can get shooting on here. I've spent the evening shooting with fenny tonight and he has also been able to get me permission to over 320 acres for pigeon and rabbit whenever i want. I've also been offered a couple of days wildfowling in sept/oct from a person on here and also met a couple of people for a clay shoot. This forum has some really good people on here, who are willing to help advise and improve young/newbie shooters such as myself, getting more people into the sport. Its just a shame that theres a few sour apples on here who want to pick fights and criticise others. At the end of the day we are all on here because we love the sport, we shouldnt be ripping into eachother but helping eachother. I've had a great evening shooting with fenny and look forward to going out with him again so he can teach me how to do this great sport. Shame there isnt a few more people on here like him.

Dan

I remember that - I had the same invite but declined as I already have a similar permission :) AS we all know Landowners trawl this forum begging for people to come as shoot over their land

If you want permission- GET OUT AND ASK is my theory and I have over 20,000 acres by doing just that!

Les :hmm:

Is that a "yes" you agree its a waist of time or a "yes" you got permission from posting on here ? :hmm:

Sorry for late reply, it was a yes I got permission from 2 people, one a member and one a farmer that heard I was looking through a member of the site so this has been a very sucessful as I now have over 2,000 arces of land to shoot over.