Depresssed!!!!!

Well now i'm really frustrated!! i have now been trying to get some pigeon shooting land around Blackpool/kirkham/wesham/preston for about a year and still no luck!!!! I have asked loads of farmers and none are interested even though they have fields full of pigeons and crows!! They all say that they have got someone doing it but in a year of scanning the fields i have never yet seen one person shooting pigeons or crows yet!!

sorry guys just thought i would vent my frustration to some other people who may understand me!!! The thing is that if just one farmer said yes, i would be there the next day helping protect his crops & i'm really keen to get out as much as i can.

Anyway thanks for listening guys!

Bren :angry:

Edited by shbrend

Hi Pf,

Thanks for the reply, yes i'm on the waiting list for Lytham wildfowlers but im told the waiting list is 3-5 years!! was just trying to get some pigeon shooting locally but think i may have to join pestrid or cpsa and travel a bit.

Thanks again

Bren

Don't just apply to one club. Apply to every one within 100 miles.

Have you tried, Preston Wildfowlers, Morecambe Bay Wildfowlers, Grange Wildfowlers, Frodsham Wildfowlers, Dee Wildfowlers? I am pretty sure the last two have virtually no waiting list now.

If you join more than one, the subscription for each will include a BASC subscription but you can keep costs down by reclaiming all the duplicate subscriptions from BASC. A lot of guys belong to three or four clubs. Just so long as you are prepared to do your share of the work in each of the clubs you join.

Well now i'm really depressed!! i have now been trying to get some pigeon shooting land around Blackpool/kirkham/wesham/preston for about a year and still no luck!!!! I have asked loads of farmers and none are interested even though they have fields full of pigeons and crows!! They all say that they have got someone doing it but in a year of scanning the fields i have never yet seen one person shooting pigeons or crows yet!!

sorry guys just thought i would vent my depression to some other people who may understand me!!! The thing is that if just one farmer said yes, i would be there the next day helping protect his crops & i'm really keen to get out as much as i can.

Anyway thanks for listening guys!

Bren :angry:

Wise choice of words. :no:

If all else fails a wallet usually contains a solution :good:

I meant a sweetener to tip the balance, not a driven shoot at Sandringham :lol:

Each to their own but that can be a good way to loose all credibility, and is also a very slippery slope! :lol::lol:

Have you thought about joining your local wildfowling club?

They often have pigeon shooting and roughshooting as well as wildfowling.

Best advice so far is to get some beating ..... meet some new bods and away you go!

:blink: :good:

Or get some ferrets :blink:

It's OK Evil Elvis, your avatar with the swinging tits would divert his attention!

:good:

sorry guys didn't mean to offend anyone with my wording!! i've changed it in the post but don't seem to be able to change the title......... :lol:

Thanks for all the tips!!! ive got shooting in my blood now so won't give up!!! i will have my own land soon!!

:good:

If you are with BASC you can get a Permit Book from them, which will give you loads of club contacts where you can purchase a day ticket to have a crack at wildfowling with them.

Worth ago as Sep will soon be here and you could get yourself at least 1 session per week im sure.

I have not done much shooting myself this year, Pigeons aint about and our farmer is growing corn on the cob only this year..so really looking forward to the shooting season on the Foreshore and the pheasants.

Cheers

Here you go

Wildfowling Permit Scheme

Exclusive to BASC members, this scheme provides shooting opportunity for those members wishing to experience wildfowling in different parts of the country or even to get their first taste of the sport.

BASC affiliated wildfowling clubs and other organisations provide scheme details to BASC, who produce the Wildfowling Permit Scheme Booklet. This booklet is designed for both the novice and experienced wildfowler and includes details of where you can get wildfowling permits in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Permits are offered by many BASC wildfowling clubs, various countryside organizations and local authorities.

If you would like to try wildfowling for the first time, or just visit new parts of the country, the BASC wildfowling permit scheme will help you find shooting. If you would like to go wildfowling, but are not a member of a wildfowling club, then this booklet gives you information on where you can go shooting.

There are also informative sections on wildfowling and the law, the type of shot that should be used and a section on fieldcraft, including on the use of tide tables and a list of quarry species. In most cases, unless you are very experienced, you will be accompanied to the foreshore by a member of the permit issuing club.

For the experienced wildfowler the permit scheme offers you the chance to test your skills over a new piece of ground.

The booklet is updated every season, and is available free of charge to BASC members. If you would like a copy please email your name and address (including postcode) to the Wildfowling department or send an SAE to:

Wildfowling Management

BASC

Marford Mill

Rossett

Wrexham

LL12 0HL

That is a good suggestion actually, join NOBs

NOBS will charge you £5 - shoots pay £10 and it seems some people are not happy at the service they offer.

There are several other sites which are free and seem to work well - www.shootpics.co.uk/beating_new.html -www.pubs.myfunforum.org - gunsonpegs etc.

you pays yer money, or not!