Wasps nest in the lawn

Paddy Galore!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest topshot_2k

last time i tackled this problem i waited until about 10/11pm so there is none flying about and then tipped loads of wasp killer down there and put a slab over the hole :lol:

wait till it cools off so the wasp's are less active stick a small funnel in the hole tip as much petrol in the hole as possible then a bit more and light it :P

the only problem i can forsee is it's on the edge of the lawn near the hedge and a tree, it's been very dry, and there are two entrances about 4ft apart. sounds like i might need a hand. :lol:

Topshot, did that work ok for you?

the only problem i can forsee is it's on the edge of the lawn near the hedge and a tree, it's been very dry, and there are two entrances about 4ft apart. sounds like i might need a hand. :P

hose it down first and have a hose at the ready

or pop down tesco and buy a can of wasp nest killer :lol:

clicky

Edited by ST3V3

Are you sure there wasps ? the good old bumble nest under ground not wasps :lol:

wasps nest in the ground aswell :P

i past a half dug up nest on saturday with all me decoying euipment on my back and thinking 'if they come out in force i'm fcuked'

Guest topshot_2k
the only problem i can forsee is it's on the edge of the lawn near the hedge and a tree, it's been very dry, and there are two entrances about 4ft apart. sounds like i might need a hand. :P

Yep. Checked the next day and no wasps :D

Do some recon to make sure there is only the one entrance before declaring war :D:lol:

edit: Cover one entrance and leave them using the other, then after dark nuke them and cover the remaining hole

Edited by topshot_2k

I have one in my lawn as well, I tried stamping on it and I have never run quite so fast in all my life :sly::lol:

:P:D:D

i'm a little concerned about burning them, but i'm more concerned about leaving them too long as there's the road and footpath only 10ft away, don't want anyone else getting stung.

pinched one of my daughters fags, lit it, then chucked it down the hole earlier, i thought the nicotine would help them make their mind up to move on, didn't work tho, they were all cueing up round the hole for a drag! :good:

Ha ha reading this makes me laugh,as a boy on the farm i have done all sorts of concoctions to get rid of wasps nest even mixing loads of cereal crops sprays and dousing them (if i only realised how much they were) to petrol bombs. The best results me and my brothers got was from plain old diesel of the cherry variety down the hole. We used to spend at least 2 hours winding them up so they start to swarm then get a drain pipe petrol oil adn diesel mix down their after burner ignite and voila bar b q wasps al fresco oh those were the days!

:D:D:good:

i'm a little concerned about burning them, but i'm more concerned about leaving them too long as there's the road and footpath only 10ft away, don't want anyone else getting stung.

pinched one of my daughters fags, lit it, then chucked it down the hole earlier, i thought the nicotine would help them make their mind up to move on, didn't work tho, they were all cueing up round the hole for a drag! :sly:

Time for the lighter fluid :P:lol: