Second ton of the week on OSR stubble

After a good evening on some laid spring barley on monday 122 in just under 5 hours.

Got a phone call from a farmer to say he had managed to cut some OSR and the birds where hammering it.

So got to field at 1430hrs on wensday and he was right the only problem due to horses at one end I can only shoot the other not so favoured end.

But still had a good day even though the birds flightline was off the other end of the wood and if I had been that end would have for certain reached 200.

But finnished up with 112 in the picture and picked up 12 picked up by merlin from the woods after picking up the birds on the stubble.

Dont forget if using your dog or dogs to take water for them.

I have got two more day penciled in for this week friday and sat and all looks good for some more top shooting .

Cheers OTH

soopictures003.jpg

is there any secret to getting big bags? :lol:

Yes time effort and having the contacts to have plenty of permissions to allow for for the birds not to be pressured by ever Tom ****""d in the coutry shooting at pigeons with 7.5s clay cartridges spooking the hell out of them.

I could go on but I am lucky I have the job that allows my work to work around shooting and I can recce the birds within working day.

Keep at it OTH

Not all of us muppets using 7.5 trap loads spook them. IVe decoyed for over 40 yrs using trap loads and shoot as many as my mates using 32 no 6s. In fact ive used skeet/trap no 9s to good effect at close birds with very little meat damage.

Not all of us muppets using 7.5 trap loads spook them. IVe decoyed for over 40 yrs using trap loads and shoot as many as my mates using 32 no 6s. In fact ive used skeet/trap no 9s to good effect at close birds with very little meat damage.

I knew it would take long to get a bite.

40 years where trap loads about then :lol: .

Kind regards OTH

Good shooting

we only have 1 piece of land this season which was growing wheat, well approx 5 large fields of it, the rest seems to be maize.....went out the other day and there were pigeons everywhere, thought yes about time.....managed to get hold of the farmer and looks like things have changed on the farm and now we have to pre book via the daughter on the mobile and believe me she just dont return the phone calls.......how annoying and fustrating is that, but hey ho no doubt if we have some bad weather which knocks their crops down they will be soon on the blower to us :unsure:

that only looks like 50 in the photo. wheres the rest, in the blue tubs in the back i guess.

i suppose your using number 3 56 carts at the moment then.

i picked up 71 for 2 hour shooting tonight with my clay carts, i couldn't take a photo as i left the camera in my blue bins in the back of truck.

i hate people that brag about being able to shoot any time they like.

HEHE. nice one fella.

Phil.

OTH,think about 40 yrs ago was only 1970 trap and skeet came before english sporting,opps I forgot its National sporting now. Obtw my old man was born and bred in Wiltshiremaybe we are related.I ######g hope not. Cheers Barry.

Hi Barry

If your surname is Chuckle we could be related I have also got a big moustache have you :good:

Cheers OTH

Edited by Over the hill

7 and half's accounted for over 150 odd pigeons last week and 90odd crows/rooks tonight, so you can poke your snide comments about us only *spooking* them where the sun don't shine. :good:

Touchie old boy I replied to a question that asked for my opinion of why I get regular largeish bags,its not having a pop I know that some dont like my replys on this subject and some agree with me I live with it you shuld live with it .

Its my opinion its not snide I am trying to guide a younger member to help with a problem not bagging many pigeons.

Only 17 years old young grasshopper much to learn and respect of the older ones

Kind regards OTH

Edited by Over the hill