Classic cars

rimfire4969

Lots of nice cars mentioned here

Here is a nice little vid for the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo fans

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

Don't try that at home

Cool ****er

That guy must be knee deep in clunge :look:

Edited by Mungler

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cars that weren't all that in their day, and cocequently not bought in big numbers can get very rare and therfore worth a bit of money to some collectors.

Last time up the Ace Cafe there was a Triumph Herald Estate, as the owner said 'when was last time you saw one?'

Mind you there was an equally rare Austin Princess there as well :sneaky2: :look:

Guest rimotu66
On the M62 this aftrenoon

Just saw a Rover P6 V8 ESTATE on the back of a transporter

VERY rare :crazy:

P6 estate?? you sure ? Wish you had taken a pic mate, never even knew they exsisted. (Just googled it, god they look awefull :look: ) I banger raced a P6 2000TC in 1984ish, we didnt know better then sorry.

My father has recently sold his (my inheretence) VW camper , hes still got (my) his Moggie pickup and has just bought a 1963 Rover P4 which was 1 of 333 exported to South Africa and brought back 10 years ago, not quite my thing (I wanted him to get a P6 Coupe) but it is very nice and the exhaust note from the 6 cylinder is sweeeeeet :sneaky2:

Edited by rimotu66

I was a motor trader in the early 80s so I got to drive loads of so called classics of the 60s & 70s. Trouble is I'm over 6ft 3in so the only ones that I look back on with affection were all bigger cars, My Merc 280 stacked head lights, Rover V8 Vitesse, XJ6 4.2 ..........

If only we knew then, what we know now!

P6 estate?? you sure ? Wish you had taken a pic mate, never even knew they exsisted. (Just googled it, god they look awefull ;) ) I banger raced a P6 2000TC in 1984ish, we didnt know better then sorry.

My father has recently sold his (my inheretence) VW camper , hes still got (my) his Moggie pickup and has just bought a 1963 Rover P4 which was 1 of 333 exported to South Africa and brought back 10 years ago, not quite my thing (I wanted him to get a P6 Coupe) but it is very nice and the exhaust note from the 6 cylinder is sweeeeeet ???

Think you will find the coupe is the P5 in straight six and P5b in V8 form.

Cheapest i can find on the net is £255,000 ono
I do know someone who has (or did 12 months ago) a genuine Cobra. It's in the Midlands and may possibly be for sale. It will fetch SERIOUS money as it's absolutely mint if anyone's interested? :hmm:

Frightening isn't it, by all accounts the total value of the grid at the final race at last years Goodwood Revial was over £80 million.

Not sure what that values became after this....

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="385">

i've always wanted an AC COBRA and as soon as i get a place with enough space i'll have a more serious think about one ;)

I had a BRA 289 about 25 years ago. That kit was one of the first "fake snakes" around in the UK, and to my eyes far nicer than the 427 shapes that followed.

Based on MGB GTV8 running gear on a simple ladder chassis and powered by a Rover V8/Crane cam/Holley 4-barrel downdraft on Offenhauser manifold. Oversteered terribly but was very good fun.

Edited by john_r