Classic cars

rimfire4969

Out of interest anyone else got a classic car.

I've got a 1964 Sunbeam Alpine mk4, i used to use it everyday. Nothing better british sports car roof down fantastic. Loads of my mates bought XR3's and alike, i bought the Sunbeam. Their insurance was mega expensive mine was only about a quarter the cost. All the girls liked my car better than the boy racer rubbish. But then the wife and kids came along company car etc. So its been sitting for sometime in a barn. I how have the bit between my teeth and a few quid to throw at it and want to get it back on the road.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not any more :balloon:

Had a Lotus Seven years ago, I still like classic cars and hanker after another one.

In the meantime I still appreciate other peoples cars, I get up to the Ace Cafe from time to time and we are off to The Goodwood Revival as well this year.

Alpines are fine motors - stick some pictures up if you have them

If you had said Sunbeam Tiger I would have been impressed, - ever since I saw one leave two black lines on road I always wanted one - mind you that was in 70's -- give me a modern day limo any day.

Dave

I would love a Tiger but they fetch big money, a good example can cost about £12000.

Don't get me wrong my misses has a VW Touran and that will still be our everyday car. But the Sunbeam when the sun is shinning roof down sunglasses on around Cornwall nothing better :balloon:

Dunkield

I will try and find some photos.

Healy 3000 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yep! gas flowed, ported, high comp pistons, full race adjustable suspension, and brake set up, went like the preverbial **** off a greased shovel, my dad is a tad foolish, he now has a collection of sod busting machinery which, if you're lucky, will just about get to 10mph. :balloon:

I have a Lovely Old English White 1963 MG Midget stashed away in a garage with only 13,000 miles on the clock. absolutley perfect condition.

I paid a Grand for it about 10 years ago. and I've only done about 400 miles in it since then.

I call it the MG Kreighoff or The Perazzi Midget as I keep threatening to sell it for either. Being 6'2" its a tad to small for me.

All the Kids can't help but wave at it :balloon: and I just give them the finger in return :hmm: only did it once :D Couldn't resist

Edited by Anni

1986 Audi Quattro, not really in the spirit, but definately class.

Another fine motor. I know where there is one sat unused for years.

There was an ex works short wheelbase one at Prescott Hillclimb last year, one of the fastest cars there that day.

Would an 80's jag xjs count? :balloon:

No - not yet anyway :hmm:

I had a 1978 Inca Yellow MG Midget with cherry bomb exhaust. I broke down all over the country in it.

midget.jpg

I had a 1970's ruby red VW Beach Buggy with fully chromed engine, it went sideways wonderfully.

My brother has a 1986 Mercedes 420 SL and I keep telling him that now he has a baby he doesnt need it and that he should sell it to me.

My next nice car will be a Porsche 911. I am bidding for a private number plate for it at the DVLA auction tomorrow :hmm: , its all planned. :D

I have lost hours of my life on the classic car section of Ebay :yes::balloon:

Out of interest anyone else got a classic car.

I've got a 1964 Sunbeam Alpine mk4, i used to use it everyday. Nothing better british sports car roof down fantastic. Loads of my mates bought XR3's and alike, i bought the Sunbeam. Their insurance was mega expensive mine was only about a quarter the cost. All the girls liked my car better than the boy racer rubbish. But then the wife and kids came along company car etc. So its been sitting for sometime in a barn. I how have the bit between my teeth and a few quid to throw at it and want to get it back on the road.

I have a 1960 Alpine Series II, by the way that's "series" not "mark"... Alpine owners get very anal about that sort of thing!

I have owned it over 20 years, used to use it quite a bit but it got left in a garage too long and the engine seized. I decided to get it restored which turned into a bit of a saga. I can certainly advise who not to use... :balloon:

All i want is a lotus carlton :hmm:

And AA, RAC Membership :D I used to work for a guy who had one. at the time the fastest production 5 door on the Market. It was Absolutley Rapid. The Rear wheels were huge. Allways breaking down :balloon: A Rare Machine indeed.

I want a Fiat 131 Mirafiori super sport. The Wide body version.

And AA, RAC Membership :hmm: I used to work for a guy who had one. at the time the fastest production 5 door on the Market. It was Absolutley Rapid. The Rear wheels were huge. Allways breaking down :balloon: A Rare Machine indeed.

I want a Fiat 131 Mirafiori super sport. The Wide body version.

Cousin had one years ago :D great fun in your youth :yes: