Northern Ireland - section 1 shotgun?

Ozzy Fudd

if you can`t hit them with two take up another sport. :no:

nice to see you being as helpful as always :blush: what if theres more than 2 targets?? :lol:

what like psg :/

there are occasions when the extra capacity is needed :hmm:

exactly, like psg :yes:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

couldnt say for def but pretty sure.....

there again buy an sx3 read instruction book and remove plug.............um but then wed be breakin law...... :blush:

aint it great living here with our legal guns when the country is full of fertilizer.........lol

oh yea forgot if you have say a 30 yr old multi shot and you keep renewing ticket and no-one comes to check it for plug then guess what it stays multishot......!!!!!

Edited by millrace

:hmm: dont even need to do that, just get talking to the right guy and he could tell you where a 20 year old m60 or rpg 7 is buried :lol::yes:

now now, everyone should have their guns plugged and make sure theyre legal... :/ i havnt had a chance to speak to the gunshop yet, im pretty sure we could get them, would be added as a section 1 (like a rifle) but thered probably be enough paper work to account for half a rain forest :blush:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

Interesting......though no doubt a bunch of rambo wannabes :blush: I fired a Fabarm Arms 12G pump last year and it was able to take 8+1. Was just firing off some old magnum cartridges and loved it. The right shoulder was badly bruised for 2 weeks but meh.... Not having to reload as often was the only real benefit though.

yep, ukpsa is about £40 ish quid for a year, why you gonna pay it for me?? :/:hmm:

oh and heres the kells club site - http://www.kellsrpc.com/

ps dancake i already own two pump actions (restricted), reason im asking about section 1's is thinking of buying an unrestricted one - although i dont think online auxillary firearms, licencing and enquiries officer 1st class tweedledee (sir yes sir!!) is going to let me have one - i might enjoy myself too much with it :blush:

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

does the club name not give it away?:blush: rifle pistol club. sorry babby i`ve been a member on here for quite a while now and every time i read a post of yours one word springs to mind. CLOWN!!! i enjoy my shooting sports as much as the next man but sometimes i feel your post content is n`t for a public forum where antis can read about zombie shooting etc etc.

Edited by tweedledee

does the club name not give it away?:yes: rifle pistol club. sorry babby i`ve been a member on here for quite a while now and every time i read a post of yours one word springs to mind. CLOWN!!! i enjoy my shooting sports as much as the next man but sometimes i feel your post content is n`t for a public forum where antis can read about zombie shooting etc etc.

funny the link to the club was on the ukpsa website... :blush:

clown? yep :lol: so what? i come on here to have a laugh, your point is what, exactly?? let me guess, next youre gonna ban harnser for starting the bunker thread? or whoever started the purple monster thread?? most things i post are tongue in cheek, and it usually says so in the thread - most people with an ounce of sense can see that. so whatevers been bugging you lately, be it the old woman not being in the mood, or that itch is getting worse, keep it off the forum, eh? just think to yourself, whats more damaging to the shooting community - someone like me blatantly having a laugh, or someone like you trying to pick a fight where one isnt needed, saying theres no need for certain types of guns, ie a high capacity shotgun, and running down other peoples sports :hmm:

i know which i think is more damaging to us, especially as this place is an open forum - anti's are the least of our problems, the psni also frequent here :/

anyway back to original point, anyone else on here have a section 1 shotgun in ni?

Edited by Ozzy Fudd

Kells Shooting Club has hosted some UKPSA/IPSC matches in the past, I don't see why you would not be granted a S1 if you can prove a need for it.

IPSC graded PSG competitions as a member of the UKPSA should cover it OK, Alex should be able to tell you how active the clubs are with regard to PSG in NI.

Im not personally aware of any official IPSC sanctioned matches in NI at the moment, but all it takes is a club willing to host them, so anythings possible.

You can also jump on a boat & shoot the matches on the UK mainland, you will find a warm welcome, the shotgun crowd are very friendly.

UKPSA membership also gives you access to its own forum board just like this one dedicated to IPSC style shooting, where you can ask questions & not get attacked by others who are ignorant about IPSC/UKPSA shooting.

Unlike target pistol & rifle competitions PSG does not need to be on dedicated shooting range, any land suitable for clay shooting is most likely OK for PSG, you only need a dedicated range for slug ammo so many clubs in the UK use birdshot & buckshot only because of this, & we have a few UKPSA clubs that have created PSG grounds in woodland & do very well at it.

Check out the free online target shooter magazine for UKPSA related Shotgun articles, in this months issue a UK lady shooter who is the European ladies champion gives an interview, she has since added the Pan American title to her CV.

http://www.targetshooter.co.uk/

Information about IPSC pistol, rifle & shotgun competitions & how the confederation of regions works can be found here.

http://www.ipsc.org/

As some on here are only into game shooting it sometimes comes as a surprise to find that there are other forms of shotgun shooting out in the world.

Safe shooting.

N

Edited by neil smith

does the club name not give it away?:lol: rifle pistol club. sorry babby i`ve been a member on here for quite a while now and every time i read a post of yours one word springs to mind. CLOWN!!! i enjoy my shooting sports as much as the next man but sometimes i feel your post content is n`t for a public forum where antis can read about zombie shooting etc etc.

:/

Having met Oz in person, I can with out a doubt say he is not a clown, he doesn't have a big red nose, big red smile or a red afro..

If he wants to have a section one shotgun, why not? If he wants to have a dirty harry "you feeling lucky puck" hand cannon, why not? We have enough difficulty getting firearms in this country, my own certificate is away 4 months now, and havent heard so much as a word (since they cashed the check :hmm: ). YOUR attitude is that which is held by too many here, fragmenting the shooting fraternity and allowing government to sap funds from the firearms dept. When was the last time you applied for a variation, that took nigh on 6 months? you can blame yourself for that one, and you know what, I blame you two.

I believe that the numbers of firearms per head are higher here than in anywhere else in the uk, and yet I would wager that we have a firearms dept that is smaller than that of most counties on the mainland. Our waiting times for variations and grants is (by a gigantic margin) the longest in the UK. And yet we do what we always do, murmur under our breaths, cursing and carrying on.

So next time you decide to slate a chap in full view of the public, readable world about, get your facts straight about the guy or gal you're insulting, and think for a second the image you are portraying to people about those privileged enough to own firearms in this country. The last thing we need is for more funding to be taking from the department. They're understaffed as is. They're backlogged to march with all the ppw's renewals that came in this last year as it is, which means that over 6 months will have passed before my application is even started.

So next time you accuse someone on here of having some fun, here's a word of advice, grow up! :blush:

Ozzy,it says on my cert,unless specifically authorised all semi auto, pump action shotguns must have a restrictor,so you can get them,you should ask in your local gun shop or ring the peelers,and if ya get do get one, enjoy it :blush:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NXd_VJheMU8

heres one for you to beat.

Edited by davie mac

heres one for you to beat.

:blush:

Some IPSC shooters....

Igor is from IPSC Serbia...

Vitaly from IPSC Russian region..

Rob is from USA...

Please note none of these video's are taken at an IPSC match where every shooter is supervised one to one while shooting, these are practice ground video's.

N

Edited by neil smith

Ozzy I am not anti fun when it comes to shooting. Quite the contrary in fact. There's nothing I would love more than an armoury full to busting filled with every conceivable weapon known to man (except rugers) lol. This thread has gotten a little side tracked, but I for one cannot understand the restrictions on shotguns. I understand the theory behind the restrictions, but if a crime was to be committed it only takes one round to do the damage. How long does it take to reload a semi anyway?

I would be interested in knowing if you have any luck in sourcing and aquiring a Section 1 shottie, because PSG is something I'd love to do on a frequent basis. It's just unfortunate that it's a terribly underadvertised division of shooting sports over here.

i think guys you`ll find i`m not as ignorant to practical shooting as you think.again sorry for my sensible and safe attitude to firearms and the responsibility that comes with it i wonder how some of the threads on here are perceived by the antis and the psni if they do frequent this forum. surely a more mature attitude should be taken?? babby as for the hi capacity shotgun,you will get one for vermin control if you ask for it so no need for joining psg clubs. just ask and knock yourself out.