Browning Cynergy...

Mr_Logic

I'm looking at turning my two shotguns into one more expensive one as neither is quite right for me. Have Browning 525 sporter 30" and Beretta al391 teknys stonecoat sporter at the mo. Browning's balance is too far forward, beretta too far back.

I've shot and enjoyed a beretta 682, but came across the cynergy last week when out getting my .222. Was very impressed with it, balance and weight about there or thereabouts. It's the 28" version which may have a lot to do with it.

Thing is, the Cynergy is not widely used, and this one's been there a year. It's the pro sport adjustable stock - i.e. Not the bizarre recoil pad and/or plastic stock. Is there something bad about these guns I should know about?!

I'm looking at turning my two shotguns into one more expensive one as neither is quite right for me. Have Browning 525 sporter 30" and Beretta al391 teknys stonecoat sporter at the mo. Browning's balance is too far forward, beretta too far back.

I've shot and enjoyed a beretta 682, but came across the cynergy last week when out getting my .222. Was very impressed with it, balance and weight about there or thereabouts. It's the 28" version which may have a lot to do with it.

Thing is, the Cynergy is not widely used, and this one's been there a year. It's the pro sport adjustable stock - i.e. Not the bizarre recoil pad and/or plastic stock. Is there something bad about these guns I should know about?!

There was a bloke from Brentwood on here only the other day flogging one for very cheap money.

Have a looky on the sales threads and PM him.

Not bad guns - they are light and pointable but I don't like the Browning high rib. But for the money the bloke wanted on here, you could buy it, try it and if you hated it you would get your money back on it.

He was selling it for the same as a Browning 525 sporter. Looked pretty good to me.

I have shot one - impressed - shoots better than it looks. It might take a long time, but when the action wears loose - that's it. No tightening possible - as far as I am aware.

I used to have the pro trap..for 6 days! Worst gun I have ever used for recoil, everyone else that used it got knocked about by it too. May be good for recoil with the rubber pad thing but the pro version has to be the worst gun I've ever used...and that was with 24g cartridges. If you can try one before you buy.

I bought a cynergy pro sport ( the one with the conventional stock) I can honestly say that I never came to terms with it?I hated it with a passion took a loss and got rid, then bought a new 682 gold e best thing I ever did.

KW

They are bit of a Marmite gun, especially the Black Ice version (Which i've got :oops: ) I got one 3 years ago and its as tight now as it was then, i can't see the action ever wearing out in any kind of reasonable time scale (i.e. 20+ years). Lovely gun and after confronting the usual prejudices from the walnut brigade its now the most popular gun at my strawbaler (5 of us now have them :blink: ). As ever, try before you buy!

Mark