my trip to inverness

ciltalgarth

Cheers Martin,

I have to balance posting pictures against taking them! at the moment I am spending too much time uploading and not enough 'out there' doing stuff worth taking pictures of. If it gets any worse I will start scanning and posting my old car racing pictures ;)

:D :( I know the feeling Stuart. :lol:

Here re a couple of snowy stalking pictures, not as good as Garth's, but you get the idea - cold, snowy and deerless!!

Those are great photos Stuart. :)

Looks really barren.

Did you have a guied or do you know the place really well?

It was new estate to us Frank, our usual stalker was tied up with wealthy clients (money talks :) )

When we got to the top of that hill we could easily see our way back down, but on the way up we all agreed we would be completely lost as all around was just snow and hills, so very difficult to get any bearings.

Those boys know their estates like the back of their hands, it is amazing how they track back after 3 hours of stalking to collect a beast you shot earlier in the day! Basically without them you wouldn't stand a chance of getting on the deer.

When we got to the top of that hill we could easily see our way back down, but on the way up we all agreed we would be completely lost as all around was just snow and hills, so very difficult to get any bearings.

You need some of these Stuart. :)

Edited by Axe

If we were alone I wouldn't consider covering those distances without on mate, got sort of 'lost' on our last trip when we seperated from our stalker - we dragged one beast down to the track and he went to get the others.

If you are guided you don't need one, we keep underestimating just how superhuman the best stalkers are.

My mate took his GPS a couple of years ago, and when we returned to the landie after wandering up and down hills all day, he tested the stalker on how far we had walked The 'guns' were all miles out the stalker got it to within 1/4 mile :*)

You can also p**s youself off by testing good stalkers with laser rangefinders, as a good one can guess to with a few yards at almost any range - bloody annoying, but very entertaining :)

You can also p**s youself off by testing good stalkers with laser rangefinders, as a good one can guess to with a few yards at almost any range - bloody annoying, but very entertaining :)

Better not bring mine then if i ever take a trip to Scotland for some reds. :)