Welly Boots ONLY

Dekers

Ok, it's a massive subject but I'm interested in your choice of Welly Boots...Hunters, Le Chameau, Aigle, Seeland, Muckboot, whatever..or do you pop down the local DIY and invest £10 on a pair!

How do you find the comfort, walkability and very important DURABILITY, spending maybe £200 on a pair of wellies and finding the first bramble or Hawthorn etc punctures them is not very encouraging!

Please be as honest as possible and specific as possible in your views, and please tell me and the exact pair of wellies you have.

Cheers

had a fair few different ones and I walk a lot in them, had 2 pairs of neoprene hunters @70 each and not bad lasted 2-3 years with good comfort levels and doing 3miles plus a day most of the year plus each seasons beating only wore through the neoprene in the heels and started rubbing. had a pair of le chameau vierznord @£100 pretty similar better comfort wise but lasted about the same length of time. Now got a pair of Hunter Balmoral sovereign so the zipped leather ones and they are fantastic, best bit was they were a really special deal from sportsmans and were down from £300 to about £110 and at that price beat everything else hands down. At first feel neoprene feels nicer but in practice the leather doesn't make you sweat so you can wear them all year and they seem a very hard wearing boot

I have three pairs of wellies in regular use. I wear Nora 'Dolomite' unlined wellies for work. They are unlined, comfortable and the best grip on cow **** ever. They are good value and I use them for walking the dog etc. Smooth outer so easily disinfected. Cost ~£25

I then have a pair of Seeland 4mm Neoprine lined wellies that I use for work in the dead of winter. My feet were nearly blocks of ice when standing in the snow this winter. They were quite confortable and bloody warm, cost me ~£50

Then I have a pair of decent Le Chameau 'Vierznord' that I use for walking the dog, shooting etc. They are warm and comfortable. Have had them since last christmas and the lining has come away a little near the heel. Were on offer from Sportsmans Gun Centre with a leather gun slip. I got the wellies, FIL got the slip! Cost ~£130

All three have a place.

Ive got a pair of leather full Zip Hunter Crowns which cost about £300 when you could buy them but dont wear them much as for comfort and keeping my feet warm I much prefer my Muckboots.

Think mine are the Derwents and they are really warm and comfy with a nice sole. :good: plus they are only about £50 ish.

depends on how warm your feet our, I wear my dunlop actiforts with almost religious fervour, even through the dead of winter. But I think I'm in the minority in having feet that are never cold. I've heard alot of good words about muckboots if you have cold feet (read very warm)

however, I will never ever recommend to anyone that they buy an expensive set of wellingtons, (unless they have money to burn) because it only takes one obscured peace of barbed wire to perforate even the toughest of rubber.

buy cheap, buy often if need be

i have hoggs of fife wellies at the moment, they have a very think lining and i think they are brilliant, i use them for work and shooting so they stand up to regular thorn and barbed wire treatment but also the chemicals used to sanitize the milking parlour which will burn your skin so i think they are very good.

For £80 they are not bad, my brother has a pair of Le Chameau wellies and i have worn them shooting and they are too floppy and only have a thin layer of neoprene in so feet can sometimes get cold. Even he says he prefers the hoggs but only wears the Chameaus as a fashion statement :good:

http://www.hoggs.co.uk/hunting_shooting/pr...bber_boots.html

I wear the neoprene zipped chams and find them to be with out a doubt some of the most comfy footwear i have ever owned, I can walk in the all day and not feel it but i can't talk about longevity yet as i have had them for about 9 months but they do get used fairly hard but we shall see how the bare up in the long term.

G

I've just bought a pair of Gumleaf wellies from their own stand at the Burghley Horse Trials, £60 and they look really well made, nice thick rubber and great neoprene lining with a big chunky sole, hopefully they'll be as good in the field as they are brand new, really comfy straight out of the box too!

Never heard of these before, but hey, they looked good so thought I'd give them a go. :hmm: