Whisky

beerdeor

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always single malt! Some nice Smoky ones. If I have too many it makes me an aggressive drunk mind. The wife hates the smell. There is nothing like a good single malt at the end of a long day though!

Guest rimotu66

I was up in Dyce Aberdeen last week and wanted some decent coffee for my hotel room so nipped over the road to the petrol staion, while I was there I thought I would buy bottle of scotch to help me to sleep :good: , the 'lady' behind the counter asked me if I was interested in there special offer... bottle of scotch for £5 .. really cheap and nasty one called Glen Rossi :good: .

I bought 2 :good:

Edited by rimotu66

Always single malt! Some nice Smoky ones. If I have too many it makes me an aggressive drunk mind. The wife hates the smell. There is nothing like a good single malt at the end of a long day though!

Thats what I like about the Glenlivet It's smoky with just a tinge of coffee, Oh might have another finger just to be sure

atb Jim

I was up in Dyce Aberdeen last week and wanted some decent coffee for my hotel room so nipped over the road to the petrol staion, while I was there I thought I would buy bottle of scotch to help me to sleep :good: , the 'lady' behind the counter asked me if I was interested in there special offer... bottle of scotch for £5 .. really cheap and nasty one called Glen Rossi :good: .

I bought 2 :good:

Quality sounds Like it should be in status quo bet you slept well though

atb Jim

Just a thought. Sat here enjoying a couple of fingers of the glenlivet,I've tried many whiskies over the years but keep coming back to this one .

Whats your favourite??

atb not so sober Jim

Too many to have a favourite but;

Cardhu, is great

lagavulin, is great

Glenmorangie, is great

I love a 12 year Jameson Irish whiskey

Chivas Regal is a cracking blend

That's it time for a night cap I wasn't going to have.

But what?

Too many to have a favourite but;

Cardhu, is great

lagavulin, is great

Glenmorangie, is great

I love a 12 year Jameson Irish whiskey

Chivas Regal is a cracking blend

That's it time for a night cap I wasn't going to have.

But what?

Penderyn a Welsh wonder at 46%vol. Now I want some cheese and biscuits!

I have to admit that I rarely drink whisky but when I do I thoroughly enjoy a glass or two. My favourite has to be and good malt that I don't have to pay for! :good:

On a serious note I am extremely partial to a drop of Jack Daniels or any good quality Single Malt with nothing added except maybe another glass full!

Glenfiddich 12y.o single malt usually does it for me :good::good:

Totally agree. Two fingers and 3 ice cubes,I then forget all the weeks worries and pressures :good: Or if I have had a really **** week I will open the 18 year old.

Tried many other single malts and Glenfiddich is by far the smoothest to me. Not peaty like irish whisky or smoky like some scotch whiskies.

8.30am and I am already thinking of tonights stiff drink.... It is going to be a long day!