Change to Miroku???

Darren h

Just want some views on a Miroku MK70 grade 6 12g 30" that's for sale at York Guns

http://www.yorkguns.com/gun_search_details.php?stockno=49416

I've got it into my head that i want to change my Beretta Silver Pigeon and this gun keeps staring at me wanting me to buy it. Does any one have one of these and how does it compare to the Silver Pigeon. This Miroku has got a wonderful stock and very nice engraving and i'm very tempted indeed. All views appreciated.

Is it the bling or the gun you're after?

Miroku make a good gun, I found the stock dimensions slightly lower than the similar Browning, but the finish seemed better.

A Miroku is as different to a Beretta as is a DT10 to a 687 ....

yet theý all do a good job

I`v shot the MK70 G6 several times and its a very nice gun.

For me the gold ring on the action cheapens it when you see it in the flesh/metal though.

The combe on the MK70 is a lot lower and a bit thinner than the Beretta so will be very different and may not fit at all especially if the Beretta does fit.

I've owned a gr3 mk70 sporter (sporter and game are very different guns) for about 5 years now, i will never sell the gun as it fits me so well. However the fit of the sporters is slightly unusual and would suit shooters requiring alot of Drop at heel/comb and slightly more than usual length of pull (game has same Pull, less drop at Comb/Heel, thiner rib, no mid bead and game engraving).

Things to watch out for, they pit bottom firing pins very quickly (like 525's) and some guns are prone to rust in their chambers (again happens in Brownings).

I had a fault with mine after a few thousand rounds, one of the extractors wouldnt reset. It went back to Miroku and came back fine. I've put thousands and thousands of shots through it since without an issue. My old man also owns a MK70 Game which is about 7 years old and doesnt rust and has never put a foot wrong.

Only thing i would change is the Sporter chambers to 3" (they are 2 3/4 on my gun)

I've shot plenty of pricey guns and i've never found a better gun for me.

I quite like them... :blush:

MK60 is a slightly better balanced gun as there is less weight in barrel as they dont swell at the end like the mk70 does to accommodate the chokes. Someone i know had his 12 and 20bore mk60 briley'd and they are superbly balanced.

......and you will probably find that the off-the -peg stock dimensions are a better fit than your Beretta.

I shot a Miroku for years. Well built guns with a better stock shape and handling characteristics than a Silver Pigeon.

I'd second that. I changed from a 686E to an MK38 Grade 5 - lovely gun with nice engraving and nice wood and never looked back.

Just want some views on a Miroku MK70 grade 6 12g 30" that's for sale at York Guns

http://www.yorkguns.com/gun_search_details.php?stockno=49416

I've got it into my head that i want to change my Beretta Silver Pigeon and this gun keeps staring at me wanting me to buy it. Does any one have one of these and how does it compare to the Silver Pigeon. This Miroku has got a wonderful stock and very nice engraving and i'm very tempted indeed. All views appreciated.

i shot a beretta for years nothing wrong with em..had to sell it for personal reasons.some time later bought a browing 425.didn;t get on with it went to local gunshop and after trying out and mounting loads of different guns the one i kept going back to was a miroku mk 38. 30ins barrel grade 1 . but the feel and balance was better than the higher grade guns i have handled over the years so did a straight swap browning for miroku.. and i have shot same gun for 4 years at pigeons game and clays.had me best sporting clay score of 87 with it and twice had 25/25...plus numerous 23 and 24 skeet with it..would not ever get shut of the gun ever.only add to it.also the most reliable gun you could own.fired around 8000 shells through it without fault.

Edited by yickdaz

I love the high grade miroku guns, quite fancy one myself. Have a look at a grade 5, same gun but without the tacky gold and cheaper. I would also look for a used one, I saw a mint mk60 today grade 5 for £1200 at a rfd in west malling and was very tempted but was 28" and I prefer 30"

I am a devoted fan of Mr Beretta, I have had several in the past and currently own several, but almost without fail every time I pick up a Miroku it just feels right.! :good:

same here like i said in previous post nothing wrong with beretta;s but when shot and dry mounted in gun shops most miroku guns seem to fit and balance well :yes: