New coat

Popgun

I need a new coat for this season has any body tryed rivers west coats if so are they any good where can i get one in this country and whats the prices like thanks Pat

Saw them at the Midland - look good but an unusual design :good:

Wader Jackets = £180

Bibs = £150

EDIT - ps. if you want to lend me £330 I will test them for you for a season ??? ??? :D

Edited by Tam

Deerhunter smallville jacket.

Had mine a few years now, been out on the foreshore in some horrendous rain, kept me dry as a bone every time :hmm:

I've had one of these for 2 years and I've had the very same experience - very comfortable, warm and breathable my only grumble is the outer fabric soaks alot of water up and it gets heavy when wet - the old mans does tends to let water through the shoulder seams (and only those seams) when worn in extreme rain for hours on end but mine never has - yet. To be fair mine could proably do with a cleaning with nikwash to improve the outer fabric water repellency by now - which might likely solve my only (very small) issue.

Another one worth mentioning is Ridgeline gear - I've had a set of overtrousers and jacket for a year and that really is incredible in torrential rain and probably about as good as it gets waterproof wise. I don't think though it's quite as comfortable or breathable as the deerhunter jacket and the overtrousers would have been even better with a thin lining of their own so you could wear them on their own in warm, wet weather - as they are you soon get clammy skin when walking which the material starts sticking to if you wear them alone. Jacket wise it seems hard to beat in wet weather IMO.

I picked up a rivers west fleece at the midland game fair Sunday and if that's anything to go by their gear is well thought out and made and is warm and comfortable. I've yet to test it in the rain but I'm hoping it will keep the wet out those times when it's too hot for a full size jacket.

Edited by paul99

The British army Gortex jacket is very popular and cheap and can just be hosed off, but i am avoiding one as i feel DPM too overtly military personally, i would love a good Gortex wading jacket but don't want to pay more than £100 for something that i will sit in muddy gutters in so i might just have to give in when my current Mad dog growler gives up the goast

The British army Gortex jacket is very popular and cheap and can just be hosed off, but i am avoiding one as i feel DPM too overtly military personally, i would love a good Gortex wading jacket but don't want to pay more than £100 for something that i will sit in muddy gutters in so i might just have to give in when my current Mad dog growler gives up the goast

It was British army goretex and german army goretex before that (which IMO is much better quality) that I used to use in fowl weather before getting either the deerhunter or ridgeline gear and that was and still is brilliant for the money - I still use it for work and it's never let me down but and it's an annoying but - the hood on the jackets are huge (presumably to allow it to be worn over an army issue helmet) it's so big that in use it droops down over your face making it impossible to see anything other than the ground I've thought a few times about trying to put a bendable wire inside the peak in such a way as to hold it up out of your face but I've never got around to it.

It was British army goretex and german army goretex before that (which IMO is much better quality) that I used to use in fowl weather before getting either the deerhunter or ridgeline gear and that was and still is brilliant for the money - I still use it for work and it's never let me down but and it's an annoying but - the hood on the jackets are huge (presumably to allow it to be worn over an army issue helmet) it's so big that in use it droops down over your face making it impossible to see anything other than the ground I've thought a few times about trying to put a bendable wire inside the peak in such a way as to hold it up out of your face but I've never got around to it.

I use the German Flecktarn gortex kit particularly in warmer weather as it is lightweight and doesn't get too hot and packs down small. (camo works better when there is more green about too) Know what you mean about the hood though! I then swap to Deerhunter gear as it gets colder.

Dr Tom has nice things to say about the 'Eider' jacket....

Rich

Hi got the eider jacket by rivers west.Its reli well made the high coller is great for the cold mornings.The pockets are good with no zips or small buttons its easy to get things out.Would say they are a good buy. :good:

If only they made it in Shadow Grass....hate that ******* MAX4

Deerhunter smallville jacket.

Had mine a few years now, been out on the foreshore in some horrendous rain, kept me dry as a bone every time :lol:

what about swet from inside ? any good, i have yet to get a jacket i dont either get rain wet from or after a 30 min walk to the marsh soaked in my own basting juice :good:

I need a new coat for this season has any body tryed rivers west coats if so are they any good where can i get one in this country and whats the prices like thanks Pat

alot of money for a so called waterproof jacket id wait a bit to see for reports

try cabelas own wading jacket they have a new system were you calculate tax import duty and pay up front