Yeha ..first straight 25 at skeet!!!!

Evil Elvis

I was inpsired by last weeks 24 at dartford so was determined to do a 25 straight,

First round i managed a 23 with lead, then second round I did it!!! 25 straight,...using STEELS!!!! I then did another round and did a 23 again!!! DUH....the wind and rain was horrendous so I was chuffed!!!!

23,25,23 would liked to have done a 4th round!!!

DangerousDave managed a 19, 21,and 19....not bad at his third attempt!!!!! :yes:

I was inpsired by last weeks 24 at dartford so was determined to do a 25 straight,

First round i managed a 23 with lead, then second round I did it!!! 25 straight,...using STEELS!!!! I then did another round and did a 23 again!!! DUH....the wind and rain was horrendous so I was chuffed!!!!

DangerousDave managed a 19, 21,and 19....not bad at his third attempt!!!!! :yes:

Congrats & Well shot!

It's a great feeling isn't it :good:

Hopefully the next one comes soon :lol:

Jon.

Good shooting well done, all you have to now is repeat it, and then do a back to back 25 "PRESSURE"

bakerboy

Well done that man, always remember my first straight, thought i was going to crush my gun on my option, was gripping the gun that tight. Great feeling seeing that last bird turn to dust. You will find another one is just around the corner now. :oops:

The feeling of crushing embarassment when you MISS the option is not pleasant mind ;)

Well shot Baz :lol: Welcome to the world of skeet :yes:

Edited by paulos

The feeling of crushing embarassment when you MISS the option is not pleasant mind :oops:

Yeah!

I haven't missed the option, mind you only had the chance once a couple of months ago lol

I had prepared in my mind that i would take the high if the occasion arose, it's still the same now.. i went from a PB of 23 to the pinnacle of a 25.

I have since shot 20+ 24's and 90% of the misses have been on 6 or 7 grrr.

A lot of people think skeet is easy, well the targets are to an extent.. however to compete at the top level you need to be able to shoot 97ex100+ to have a chance if not the perfect ton.

The number of people i have seen turn up with a skeet is sooooo easy attitude and walk away demoralised is untrue, i remember a guy who was an (allegedly) good sporting shot turning up and saying he had never shot skeet before but it's easy, we were shooting doubles and he shot a 2ex24 followed by a 3ex26.

My point is 25 straight at skeet isn't as easy as people think!

Jon.

Disagree - i missed a low once so now always take the high - you can so easily miss up the side of the low or oven under it if the wind grabs it at the last minute

I completely agree, i will always take the high.

They can vary so much with the wind but it comes down to confidence, i may change my mind depending on the wind but given the choice i'll take the high every time unless it's diving due to wind as generlly the low will be slow; however it can go really high or really low, to my mind the high rarely loses power until 3-4m past the centre peg which is where i like to kill it and is less wind affected. It's an option, i have a choice and high is mine :oops:

Jon.