rats

edd

pennut butter and things attached to the ground generally work.

the cow feed is what we tend to use (or did when we had rats) they can run away with it, but it gets them out.

the chances are you will have massive numbers of rats, and you wont need bait, just wander around with lamps, give them 1 min rest after every circuit of the farm. you get 15-20 mins of shooting before they twig what is going on.

rat shooting is the most fun ive ever had with an airgun, great sport.

enjoy!

My mate use's a pair of his ex wifes cacks, bit like the fishy cat food suggestion :D

really though we shoot them over the knocked down cover crop maze about now for the next 2/3 weeks then it gets turned in and they seem to vanish (almost)

lamps and AA 410 do the biz

• 2 months later...
if you can afford one mate get your self a n.v scope old ratty will sit a lot longer and you can usualy find him in the shadows .although they cant see red they do see the moving shads of gray a lamp gives but at the end of the day enjoy yourself :blush:

:yahoo: i'm sure they can see red, as soon as they see my laser or red dot sight they run..... :drinks:

hi ya EDD ,try a bait station get some sort of lamp (ie tilly lamp or gas lamp for camping )get a tin of the reallly cheap dog food(the runny gravy type) ,this works a treat at nightime , when you get to the farm light your lamp/lantern place it neat too where the rats are feeding on a brick/breeze block or crate then puncture some big holes in the side of the tin with a screwdriver or chisle , the bigger the holes the better , then just plce the tin underneath the light , sit back and wait :blush: its worked for me a few times.

ps thers no need for expensive bits of kit like nv scopes you dont even need a lamp

Edited by dandyman