commonwealth games

mrbritish1976

My pal is over there shooting the OT and I'm sure he said it was DT practice Monday and comp today, followed by OT. That would mean he's shooting on the 6th.

Have had a look at BBC Sport site and official site and it seems to give dates only starting the 6th Oct. However just been on CPSA site and C G isnt even mentioned! Have we any clayshooters in it or not? :yes:

Another Gold by Stevan Walton in the individual Double Trap and this was the extent of the BBC's report on the event.

"England's Stevan Walton won a shooting gold in the double trap individual with India's Ronja Sodhi taking silver and Isle of Man's Timothy Kneale bronze."

So 1/4 of all English Golds thus far and basically no coverage.

I agree the abyssmal reporting of the UK shooters achievements ought to be addressed. It is one of the few events we really excell at and can compete in succesfully at World Class level but it rarely gets above a sentence or two which is wrong.

Even finding out the event timetable is a black art on the Commonwealth Games Website let alone hoping for a result to be posted.

As far as televised Clay Shooting goes, it isn't going to happen. In OT a 110mm wide disc goes off at about 85mph, often at ground level and basically does one of three things. It goes left, it goes right or it goes straight away. Somebody shoots at it and one of two things happens, 90%+ of the time it is hit. Occasionaly they miss one. Then the bloke next to him does exactly the same thing. I am bored already. Great fun to shoot but as dull as ditch water to watch on the tele.

DT slightly more interesting like faster drying paint perhaps? Skeet has a fraction more interest but would be a bitch to televise as again we are talking about 110mm discs doing about 55mph.

I love clay shooting and can watch it myself at a ground with interest, but on mainstream TV it just don't think it would work.

Another Gold by Stevan Walton in the individual Double Trap and this was the extent of the BBC's report on the event.

"England's Stevan Walton won a shooting gold in the double trap individual with India's Ronja Sodhi taking silver and Isle of Man's Timothy Kneale bronze."

So 1/4 of all English Golds thus far and basically no coverage.

I agree the abyssmal reporting of the UK shooters achievements ought to be addressed. It is one of the few events we really excell at and can compete in succesfully at World Class level but it rarely gets above a sentence or two which is wrong.

Even finding out the event timetable is a black art on the Commonwealth Games Website let alone hoping for a result to be posted.

As far as televised Clay Shooting goes, it isn't going to happen. In OT a 110mm wide disc goes off at about 85mph, often at ground level and basically does one of three things. It goes left, it goes right or it goes straight away. Somebody shoots at it and one of two things happens, 90%+ of the time it is hit. Occasionaly they miss one. Then the bloke next to him does exactly the same thing. I am bored already. Great fun to shoot but as dull as ditch water to watch on the tele.

DT slightly more interesting like faster drying paint perhaps? Skeet has a fraction more interest but would be a bitch to televise as again we are talking about 110mm discs doing about 55mph.

I love clay shooting and can watch it myself at a ground with interest, but on mainstream TV it just don't think it would work.

I watched the final on the red button this morning...... ???

red button coverage

Wednesday 6th

0725-0815 SHOOTING Men's small bore 10m air rifle final

0910-1000 SHOOTING Women's 25m pistol final

1100-1145 SHOOTING Men's 50m pistol final

Thursday 7th

0800-0830 SHOOTING (On Freeview as well) Events not specified

1125-1200 SHOOTING Events not specified

Friday 8th

0825-0900 SHOOTING Men's 10m air pistol (On Freeview as well)

1010-1100 SHOOTING Men's 25m RFP

Saturday 9th

0925-1015 SHOOTING Men's small bore 50m rifle singles final

1125-1200 SHOOTING Women's single trap final

Sunday 10th

1025-1100 SHOOTING Men's trap

1100-1215 SHOOTING Replay: women's small bore 10m air rifle singles final (Listed as Freeview only)

Tuesday 12th

0425-0545 SHOOTING Women's 50 rifle prone singles final

Wednesday 13th

0600-1515 SHOOTING Women's 10m air pistol final

0855-1015 SHOOTING Men's small bore 50m rifle prone singles final

1030-1100 SHOOTING Men's skeet singles final

shaun

I have to agree, I have tried watching videos of events on youtube etc, however, it is incredibly boring to watch in this format. Double trap may be more interesting as it could be see as a form of trick shooting. I shoot olympic trap and I don't think I would be too bothered about watching it if it was televised. I definately think it should get equal prominence when reported with the other sports.

Cameramen track 180 mph motorbikes so why not a measley 55 mph clay ? from Auntie.

The ISSF finals at their World Cups, World Championships and Olympic Games are televised on their ISSF TV website and are interesting to watch if you're involved in the sport - but to a layman would difficult to comprehend.

The Commonwealth Games do not come under ISSF control, so although run to their rules, they cannot dictate what facilities are provided.

email i received today from

Nicky.

AT oxfordguncompany.co.uk

===

====

===

Please find below a letter that I have sent to the BBC & ITV regarding their lack of full coverage on the common wealth games.

I don't know about you but I feel very strongly about that fact that there is no support of coverage of the fact that Steve Walton and Steve Scott will be bringing home GOLD!

I'm even more shocked that I am having to write this email and create the facebook group instead of our clay shooting body THE CPSA!!!!! This should be your job!

Please copy the letter if you feel as strongly as I do and send it to the BBC & ITV, bombard then with e mails to show we do actually care!

Face book page is:

"Fair coverage for Clay Shooting on TV!"

please get as many people as you can to join this group and see if we can make the news!!!

BBC contact:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/

click on make a complaint & follow the instructions!

ITV contact:

viewerservices@itv.com

Please also pass it onto anyone who you think it might be worth sending it to!

To Whom it may concern;

I am writing to you to express my shock at your distinct lack of FULL coverage on the Common Wealth Games.

Yesterday Steve Walton won GOLD at the mens pairs in Double Trap shooting and Gold at the mens single Double Trap shooting and Steve Scott won GOLD at the mens pairs in Double Trap shooting. I am shocked that they did not even get a mention let alone an interview. You seemed far more interested to tell us how the swimmers had got a "deli belly" when quite frankly I don't care to hear about the fact that they have diarrhoea issue but would prefer to hear about the 3 gold medals our young shooters have won. You may have issues with Clay Shooting as a sport but there are thousands of people out there who would like to know their progress. I think that by not televising their amazing success you are being prejudice against them and the sport that they not only love doing but are very good at! I have set up a face book group to show you just how many people love the sport and want to hear more about the success that they have achieved with minimal support from the country!

Facebook group "Fair coverage for Clay Shooting on TV!"

Edited by mrbritish1976