Hello from Durham

oscer

Hello all great forum and lots of reading and learning to be had on here, I,ve only had my sgl for only one year now and loving it, My Uncle and father were regular shooters but sadly my father past away last september which prompt me to get my licence and keep his shotgun in the family, and my cousin got his semi-automatic, its got more of a sentimental value than practical, but anyhow have fun.

Oscer

Breastman unsure of the strawbaler,s quote could you enlighten me on that one, My cousin goes to spenny club ive asked her for a lift next time ive got some free time ;)

A 'strawbaler' is just a term used for small informal clay shoots/clubs organised by members of a club or between friends, usually on farms or as an add-on to other gun clubs. Basically it usually means that the members have to do all the setting up of the traps, scoring, tidying up etc, which doesn't sound like much fun but if youre not wanting to take things too seriously or youre just starting out theyre the ideal place imo. Im a member of one at Leamside (Leamside clay & game club). There are a few others in North Durham too, Times Inn club, Travellers club. I think they're listed on that GoShooting website but if you ask at Spenny they should be able to give you a couple close to you

Mark