Cookiemonsterandmerlin.

Income bracket  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Income

• 11k to 21k
    • 21k to 31k
    • 31k plus
    • 11k and below

My quest for PW members incomes bracket is born from since I have joined there has been numberous topics on overcharging plumbers builders etc.

Yet sometimes it would appear that some who have pop at others charges are on not a bad wack themselves.

And the howler I can remember the best was the teacher who said that BA cabin crew was over paid had to many hoildays which I thought was rich and had no right to strike yet my whole education was knackered by striking teachers who fought for his salary and conditions he enjoys today.

Cheers OTH

Edited by Over the hill

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely a better question is 'how much disposable income do you have?' i.e how much do you have to spend on what you want after all the expenses of living are taken out of the equation. The reason I say this is because those who have a house, car(s) and a family to support and who earn a good wage, may have much less disposable income than a twenty something year old who still lives at home, pays his mum minimal board and has few other outgoings.

Put it this way, I was richer when I was young, free and single than I am now I'm shacked up, in debt and with kids in tow.

Surely a better question is 'how much disposable income do you have?' i.e how much do you have to spend on what you want after all the expenses of living are taken out of the equation. The reason I say this is because those who have a house, car(s) and a family to support and who earn a good wage, may have much less disposable income than a twenty something year old who still lives at home, pays his mum minimal board and has few other outgoings.

Put it this way, I was richer when I was young, free and single than I am now I'm shacked up, in debt and with kids in tow.

Is this something to do with comments from last weeks debate?:hmm:?:hmm:??

bakerboy

I think OTH intends to charge for his ferreting lessons on a sliding scale, depending on what we earn. :hmm:

I didn't see the section on the Poll headed, "mind your own business". :hmm:

I see your point yet when others have a view point on what a plumber charges everbody has a view .

Your right it none of my business but it sure a diffrent thread from the other have you seen this on youtube .

I have no way of knowing of who posted what income on the poll so why not ask.

Regards and your top idaer I never thought of but that could be a goer in the future.

Cheers OTH

I'm with this bloke! Fresh out of college I earned a good few thousand less than I do now but had more spare money in my pocket. Now with a mortgage and dog to support I feel a lot poorer! So my income has gone up, but disposable income gone right down.

It could be as some gave me stick for maybe earning £50 a day minus cost .

Yet I would not think there a load of members earning less tha £50 a day .

Cheers OTH

Assuming you were not intending to make ferreting/rabbiting Guiding your sole occupation, you would not be existing on £50 per day.

The impression you gave was that it would be "on the side" and supplementing your main income.

Assuming you were not intending to make ferreting/rabbiting Guiding your sole occupation, you would not be existing on £50 per day.

The impression you gave was that it would be "on the side" and supplementing your main income.

It would sub my summer income I would still need earn a reasonable amount .

I would and I did say it would be insured and declared to VAT man.

Cheers OTH